two

"I can't believe I'm here." Audrey sighed, banging the back of her head on the headrest of the passenger's seat.

Audrey's mom took her hands off the wheel and turned to face her daughter. "It's just this one Saturday, sweetheart. If you keep to yourself, you won't buy yourself anymore detentions-"

"I didn't buy myself this detention, mom." Audrey interrupted. "It wasn't my fault." She grumbled.

Audrey's mom sighed. "I know."
After a small pause, Audrey opened the door and got out of the car. "I'll see you later."

Audrey's mom nodded. "Bye, sweetheart."
Audrey groaned and slammed the car door. She gave her mom a small wave before she drove off.

Once her car was out of sight, she slowly trudged towards the place she never hoped to spend her Saturday.

When Audrey entered the library, four other students were already sat down.

Audrey slumped herself down in the right seat of the front desk. On the other front desk to her left, sat Alicia Silverstone - the princess of the school - and Joshua Jackson - one of the school athletes.

Behind her sat a blonde boy with braces. By simply looking at him, she could tell what social group he was part of.

On the desk behind Alicia and Joshua sat Dillon. She didn't know his first name; all she was knew was his last name, since that's what she heard most people refer to him as. He had messy, brown hair and dark eyes. He had his feet kicked up on the chair next to him. Dillon was wearing baggy trousers with a leather jacket.

Already, Audrey could tell so much about him. If she was being honest with herself, she didn't want to know much more.

The door then opened, making everyone look up to see who else was joining them for the day.

Audrey's eyes widened when a familiar boy walked into the library. He had long, blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. Audrey knew exactly who he was. The class clown: Jonathan Brandis. She used to have a crush on him back in 7th grade. She never plucked up the courage to speak to him, though.

Jonathan gave her a small smile. Audrey realised that she was staring, and quickly diverted her eyes to the desk. He pulled out the chair on the end of the desk, leaving only one chair between them.

The last teenager to arrive was a girl who Audrey had never seen before. She was wearing all black. Her dark, messy hair was hanging in front of her face - Audrey was surprised she could see where she was going.

She quickly scurried to the back of the room and slumped down in one of the seats at back.

Audrey watched Alicia and Joshua share glances before sniggering. Audrey rolled her eyes.

Dick Vernon then strode into the room, diverting everyone's attention. "Well, well... here we are! I wanna congratulate you for being on time."

Alicia raised her hand. "Excuse me, sir? I think there's been a mistake. I don't think I belong in here."

"Well, it is detention." Audrey thought to herself.

Vernon ignored her. He looked at his watch. "It is now 7:06. You have exactly 8 hours and 54 minutes to think about why're you're here."

Vernon continued. "You may not talk, you will not move from these seats." He walked towards Dillon and snatched the chair his feet were resting on away from you. "And you will not sleep."

Audrey slumped further down in her chair.

"Alright, people, we're going to try something a little different today. We are going to write an essay."

"Yay." Audrey grumbled.
Jonathan overheard her and chuckled to himself.

"This essay will be no less of 1000 words, describing to me who you think you are. When I say essay, I mean essay. I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times." Vernon eyed Jonathan and Audrey as he gave them both a sheet of paper.

"Uh, sir?" Audrey raised her hand.
Vernon gave Alicia and Joshua their sheets of paper before turning to her.

"Do you have a pencil?" She asked.

Dillon and Joshua sniggered. Vernon shot them both a glare before turning back to Audrey. "Do you not have a pencil?"

She shook her head. "I wasn't really planning on bringing one. After all, it is a Saturday and as a teacher you should definitely have a pencil." She smiled.

This time, Jonathan sniggered.
"Zip it, Brandis." Vernon snapped.
Jonathan sheepishly shuffled in his chair.

"I don't have a pencil on me, Miss Matthews."
Audrey sighed and shrugged. "Well, I'm afraid I can't do my essay."

Vernon narrowed his eyes at her before storming out of the library.

Once he was gone, Jonathan leaned over to her. "You might wanna be careful, you don't wanna end up buying yourself another detention and spending it with Matt, over there." He nodded his head in Dillon's direction.

Vernon then came striding back in. "Maybe you'll all learn something about yourself." He said, angrily slamming the pencil on Audrey's desk. "Maybe, you'll decide or not whether you want to return."

"Uhm, you know, I can answer that now, sir." The nerd behind her spoke up. "That would be no. A no for me. Because-"

"Sit down, Hall." Vernon cut him off.
"Thank you, sir." Hall nodded. Audrey tried her hardest to stop herself from sniggering.

"My office is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised. Any questions?"

Matt raised his hand. "I don't have a pencil, either, sir."
Audrey turned around to face him. She snorted.

Vernon sighed. "Well that's a real shame." He said, looking in-between Audrey and Matt. "Looks like you two will just have to share."

"But sir, I thought we couldn't move from our seats." Jonathan spoke up.
His voice gave Audrey goosebumps. It had been ages since she last heard him speak.

Vernon didn't answer.
"I have another question!" Matt raised his hand. "Where do you shop for your clothes, Dick? I must say, they look like something my grandfather would wear."

"I'll give you the answer to that right now, Dillon. Next Saturday." Vernon pointed at him. "Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns."

With that, he left.