Put some pep in your step

After hearing what JD was about to do to the school I decided I had to stop him.

I successfully "killed" myself and got away with it.
JD left me hanging there after hearing my mom come up stairs.
After telling my mom everything is okay I rushed to the school.

I never knew I'd have to stop the love of my life from doing something for me.
Not that I want the school to die.
I just didn't think JD would take it this far, he killed people because they made me cry.
But... He loves me, I don't know how I feel but loves not the case.
Half my classmates are about to blow because of me, so I have to get there in time.

When I arrived at the school I saw JD sneaking into the boiler room window.
We made eye contact.
His eyes were red, I guessed from crying.
"Veronica?"
I couldn't talk with him now.
I ran into the school to get everyone out, hopefully they trust me this time.
"VERONICA" I hear him behind me. He's so close to me I felt his arm swipe to pull me back but I got inside fast enough to get away from him.
I lock the front entrance and stare at him through the glass window.
"Veronica please.... Let me talk to you."
He says with one hand on the window and the other covering his face
"JD stop the bomb then we talk."
"Heh ha heh..."
"What are you laughing at?!"
He standing up looking at me smiling. Then he takes out his gun and holds it to the window, pulling the trigger and breaking the glass.
He reaches through and unlocks the door.
"Now that I'm here with you... Let me take you to the boiler room."
He grabs me by my arm and pulls me down the stairs into the heated room.
"JD let go of me."
"Fine fine. Look Veronica listen to me. I'm blowing up this school because I love you, can't you see all this is for you" he says gesturing to the bomb.
"But I don't want my school to blow up JD. Sure I hate half the people here but they don't deserve to die. You can't just choose who lives or dies!"
"Come on Veronica you know you don't mean that! We killed three people tell me you didn't feel the rush!"

As JD spoke he was pointing his gun around everywhere.
"JD please put the gun down you're scaring me."
"Why do you think I'm going to shoot you?" He says aiming at me
I flinch back
"I'd never do a thing to you Veronica.... Our love is god. Why would I break such a thing?"
I stare at him then the gun he still has pointing at me.
"Here. I trust you."
He hands the gun to me and I take it away carefully.
"Now you can do a lot of things. You could shoot me, put the gun away, or shoot your self. Personally I'd prefer of you'd put it away."

I lift the gun at him and he smiles at me.
Then I lift it to my head.
"JD if you really love me then de-activate the Bomb. If you don't I'll shoot myself."
"Hey Veronica hey, put the gun down alright. You know I was joking about the last part?"

I load the gun still pointing it at my head.
"Look, I'm turning it off alright look!" He pushes a button and the timer stops.

A tear streams down my cheek and I fall down onto my knees
"No stop that hey." He quickly comes over and wipes the tear off my face
"Now I'm the one who made you cry. I'm so sorry Veronica."
I put my head on his shoulder. Sobs leaving me with the gasps for air I try to make.

"We don't have to blow he whole school up then. We could just get them separated then do it that way, okay? Veronica? Veroni-"

BANG

I shrike him right below his ribs.
He falls over on his side.
" YOU BITCH "
"I'm so sorry JD... I'm so so sorry. I love you JD..." I say on top of him.
"GAH FUCK THAT HURTS..."
I look at him. His blood spills all over me.  He looks back at me.
"You.... Did the right thing."
"I'm sorry."
"No stop, don't cry. No one deserves to die, except me. You were amazing Veronica."
"JD  st-stop it" I say in between sobs.

We lay there for only a bit more when he whispers
" I wished we could have been seventeen."
"We were too damaged to be seventeen JD"
"No, I was" he says grabbing my wrist"
"Our love is god Veronica."
"..."
"Our love is god"
"Our love is-"

"Say hi to god" I whisper as I get up to leave his silent body there

I take his bomb with me and put it in my bag and go to the woods by the football field
I dig a hole that's low and wide enough for the bomb and hide it away.

"We could have been beautiful...."