Chapter 1 - The Girl Next Door

Posey is played by Taylor Hill
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Posy's POV
(One year before the prologue)

I was never the type of girl to go on an adventure, I was always so conservative and private. Growing up I really only had one friend, and she had fur and a tail. That's right, you guessed it, my bestie was an orange tabby cat named Lola. Now don't go judging me too hard, my choice of human friends wasn't that many. Growing up in a small town is more complicated then you would think, I mean our population only consisted of 100 people and most of them were adults. My family also didn't have the best reputation floating around the community, what with me working at a fast food joint and my older sister being in rehab, of course the town gossiped about us. We were always getting looks and high school was torture for me.

That's why I booked a flight to New York City as soon as possible, I needed to get the hell out of Kentucky and go somewhere that no one knows my name. Finally I won't be judged for working at some crappy restaurant to pay my bills and put myself through college. No one will take a second glance at the skinny girl with long straggly hair and hand-me-down clothes. I can finally be myself and not feel guilty. Because in New York everyone just wants to live their dream, everyone just wants to simply get by in life and live it to the fullest. Hopefully I can live my dream, I'd give anything to become a fashion designer, hell I'd even settle for a design assistant. I don't care how long it takes, as long as I get to see my vision coming to life and walking down a runway before I bite the dust.

Luckily I found a nice little apartment close to the university I'll be attending in the fall. It wasn't too expensive either which, to be honest, I was surprised about. I can easily make the payments if I keep a steady job waitressing and who knows maybe I'll get a few tips here and there. All in all I'm excited to start this new adventure, God willing I'll break out of my shell and make some friends that can actually talk back. That would be nice.