Chapter 1

"I know, I'm just saying I don't think that I want to spend ALL my money on this steam sale when I have enough games I've not even started!" I say, taking a bottle of milk out of the fridge and nudging it shut with my elbow.

"I get that, but it's a really cool game and I want to play it with you!" whines Mark on the other side of the phone. "Besides you play as a cat. You love cats!"

I giggle, pouring milk into my cup of tea and stirring it.

"I do, don't get me wrong, but I really need to start saving for my new camera lens, mine keeps clicking as it focuses and is pissing me off" I reply, picking up my cup of tea and trudging towards my office.

"Well how much is the lens? I can chip in?" Says Mark, sounding desperate to help.

I open my office door with my hip and flick on the light as I pass.

"It's £700 Mark. And what did we say about not spending money on each other!" I laugh, placing my phone and cup of tea down on the desk, putting the call on loudspeaker.

"Blah blah blah, I can spend money on my best friend if I want! You're always offering to help me out but don't let me do anything in exchange!" He shouts, and I can hear the smile in his voice.

"That was different, your car broke down, your mic broke and you had to pay vet bills for Chica. You couldn't get out of that debt, I'm sure I can go a little while without a game Mr Stroppy Pants"

I wiggle my computer mouse and my screen comes to life, and I start to log into my computer.

"Well.. I guess I can't argue with that..." he huffs, chucking to himself.

"Damn right you can't. Anyways, I'm gonna get some editing done and order myself dinner, it's 10 at night. Catch ya soon?" I laugh, looking down at my phone.

"Sure thing poppy-pop. I think I'm gonna go get a snack and check up on Chica anyways. Buh-Bye!"

The call ends and I lean back in my chair, locking my phone screen. I rub my eyes and get up JustEat on my computer, ordering myself a salad and fruit drink from a local food shop.

It's been a very long day, having to edit, film and go out and take photos for my blog, let alone the PO Box stuff I had to collect from the post office!

I'm glad Mark got me into doing YouTube, but I didn't know how much work and time it'd take! And I'm running out of space to put things!

I load up my editing software and put one earphone in, dragging my most recent lifestyle video file into the centre of the screen. I crack my knuckles one last time before clicking play, my notepad at the ready.

~~~~45 minutes later~~~~

"Perfect, here's a tip, thank you have a good evening! Bye!" I shout out to the delivery driver, closing my front door. I hurry to the kitchen and grab a fork.

'Damn this looks so good!' I say to myself, heading into my living room. I flick on the light and put my food and phone down on the coffee table, searching for the TV remote.

Turning on the TV, I flop onto the sofa, picking up my salad box.

Sweet chilli chicken salad with extra sauce. My favourite!

I lick my lips and stab a piece of chicken with my fork, greedily munching on it as I stare at the TV. It's just repeats of Eastenders but at this point I'm too hungry to care.

*Bzzzzz BZZZZZ*

My phone screen lights up with a Whatsapp Message from Mark.

New message from Mark 😝 : 'Psst'

I lock the screen and continue eating, taking a sip of my orange and mango juice.

*Bzzzzz BZZZZZ*

New message from Mark 😝 : 'Get on Skype 😤'

I roll my eyes and put my food down, grabbing my phone and unlocking the message. I tap out a quick reply.

Poppy 🌸 : 'Why? 😩'

I sigh and trudge back towards my office, turning the lights down a little bit.

*Bzzzzz BZZZZZ*

New message from Mark 😝 : 'Just hurry up! It's important...'

I shuffle towards my office, and sit down in my chair, saving the editing work I'd done earlier before loading up Skype.

I type a dot in mine and Marks Skype chat and my screen lights up with an incoming video call.

I click answer and my screen is flooded with a bright image of Mark, sat at his desk with his legs up.

"What do you want?" I ask, leaning back in my chair.

He looks up from his phone momentarily and smirks.

"Check your Steam Account" he smiles, stretching his arms up and yawning.

"You better be fucking joking Mark" I scowl, clicking hard on my mouse to load up steam.

*GIFT FROM MARKIPLIER*

PRINCESS' PURR-FECT POT SMASH: THE TRILOGY

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?!" I shout, looking at Mark in the corner of my screen.

"YOU SPENT THIRTY. FUCKING. DOLLARS ON THAT." I gasp, looking him dead in the eye.

"BUT LOOK AT THE PUN!" He argues back, "YOU KNOW I CAN'T RESIST STUPID PUNS!"

"It's because you ARE stupid" I laugh, leaning back in my chair.

We stop and smile at each other for a moment before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Well you've gotta play it with me now!" He smirks, leaning forwards.

He looks straight into the camera and makes a puppy dog face, which I can't help but laugh at.

"Fine! One game..." I giggle, clicking the accept button.

"Yes!" He says, punching the air. "Mind if I record it?"

"Fineee" I roll my eyes, turning my camera off.

"Awesome, just let me get set up I'll be too seconds!" he replies, holding one finger up to the camera before disappearing under his desk.

"I'm not going anywhere" I chuckle, loading up the game.

Boy... I'm so gonna regret this in the morning...