Honey, I Forgot The Kid!

His hand may be sluggishly sorting through medicine bottles, but Matt's eyes are really focused on not glancing at the camera every five seconds. Fuck, he did not want to get busted for shoplifting today.

Keep your breathing calm, head straight, face calm. He's done this plenty of times before but the thrill of breaking rules still gets to him. Matt glances at the checkout, wondering if he could smuggle some cigarettes as well. His Pa would be amazed if he could get his hands on those but that's been impossible to figure that one out.

Matt checks his watch discretely as he slips in a few non-precipitation anxiety medications into his sweatshirt. He notices it had been a long time since he had gotten to the store with his Pa. Weird...

He shakes his sleeve to drift it back down and walks out of the drug aisle, eyeing the aisle-boards. Finding what he wants, he heads over to the area his dad said he would be, the milk aisle. Allen has said he thinks there's a kink involved somewhere in it, but Matt doesn't need to be thinking about what his parents decide to do in their nasty hour. When he rounds the corner to the refrigerators he notices his dad has completely disappeared.

Well fuck.

He walks around the whole store. Fruits and veggies? Nope. Meat and poultry? Nada. Bakery? No, but he does want a cake. Chips and soda, freezer, coffees and teas, alcohol, pantry meals, meds? Non, non, non, non, and non. He checks the milk aisle again. /Still nothing/.

"Where'd the hell he go?" He mumbles to himself.

He shakes his head and pulls out his phone from his back pocket, only having to wait a minute for before the other line picks up his call. He can't even hear a ringtone in here.

"Quelle." A tired voice picks up.

He rolls his eyes, "Hey Papa, I was just calling to see what's up." Matt heads back towards the aisle with packaged coffees and teas.

"Oh." Matt thinks it was supposed to be a question but his father sounds too tired to care.

He looks the shelves up and down for something of value. "Yeah. Hey, did you get everything from the store?" He asks feeling sly.

"Mm... I think so." Françico mumbles about something, "But now that you say that I do feel like I'm missing something."

Matt sees an open a box of Tazo and steals the few pouches left inside. He'd give these to Oliver and see if he liked this flavour. "Yeah, /dad/, you actually did."

Françico sounds surprised that his son knows something that he doesn't, "What?"

"Something kind of important actually." Matt helps.

There's a lot of quiet grumbling on the other side of the phone before Matt hear, "Mon Dieu, /damn it/!" There's a slam on what is probably the car's dash, "How did you forget a fucking child!" Françios yells.

Matt shrugs with a smile, "I don't know, you tell me."

"Smartass, I'll be back in cinq." His dad hangs up.

Matt chuckles to himself and makes his way to the front of the store. His dad may seem scarier than an entire mafia but damn if he's not getting old.