Promise.

It had been a week. A week since Flynn had went out on a mission. A week and he still hadn't returned. No calls, nothing. And it was starting to affect Eves mood.

"What do you mean you have no idea where he is?" Eve angrily asked Jenkins. Cassandra and Ezekiel shared a look. Flynn being away was not good for their guardians health.

"Cornel Baird, Mr. Carson is a Librarian. He goes away for days at a time. It's in his nature." Jenkins tried soothing her.

"Yes, but every time he called and told us where he was going, or he answered his phone. Right now he's doing neither!" Eve said starting to get more mad.

"How about I go and get more tea?" Jenkins asked and then made a beeline to the kitchen to make his escape.

Eve put her head in her hands. Cassandra went over to comfort her. Eve lifted her head away from her hands when she felt Cassandra's hand. Her eyes were red.

"Everything is going to be fine Baird. It always is." Cassandra said trying to reassure her guardian.

Suddenly the phone rang. Eve composed herself and went to answer it. "Hello is this Eve Baird?" A female voice asked on the other end.

"Yes. Who is this?" Eve asked wearily.

"My name is Lucy and I work at the General Hospital in New York. I believe that you are the emergency contact for a Mr. Flynn Carson?" Lucy asked.

"Uh ya I guess I am. What happened?"

"Well someone, we were asked not to reveal a name, found he unconscious on one of the roads leading into Maine. If you would like we could fill out the paperwork over the phone, But if you could come here so you could fill it out, that would be lovely."

"Ya okay I'll be there. Give me a hour tops." Eve hung up the phone and looked up to see the eager yet worried faces of the Librarians.

"Who was that?" Ezekiel asked.

"The General Hospital in New York. They found Flynn unconscious on the side of the road." Cassandra immediately went over to Eve and statutes hugging her.

"Jenkins? Can you come set the door for the New York General Hospital?" Jakob called.

"Sure, but why?" Jenkins asked coming out of the kitchen with with a fresh pot of tea.

"Eve just got a call saying that they emitted Flynn in and he's unconscious." Cassandra explained to Jenkins trying to catch him up.

"Of course. The door will be ready in a moment." He said rushing to hook the door and get it ready.

Only Cassandra came with Eve to the Hospital, the boys wanted to find out what did this. When they got there Eve immediately went to the front desk.

"I'm Eve Baird, I was called about Flynn Carson?"

"Of course. Here are the papers. If you could fill them out to the best of your ability." The nurse said.

"Yes of course. Do you know if I could see him?" Eve asked.

"I believe so, but only one at a time. Your friend here will have to wait."

Eve looked from the nurse to Cassandra, about to protest. "No, Eve, it's fine. I want to go help the boys anyway. Who knows what kind of trouble they can get into when not supervised." Cassandra said stopping her. "Go see Flynn." She then went back the way they came, calling Jenkins for a door.

"Room 207." The nurse said when eve asked for Flynn's room number.

"Thank you." Eve walked down the hallway until she found the room. When she walked there was a nurse taking his vitals.