Space Bound + Desperado.

Marshall and I had agreed to cool things off once the tour ended because things had escalated to a point that neither one of us could handle. I was hurt, but I had to move on. There was really no other option. But seeing him in DC for the Concert for Valor triggered my old feelings automatically. We'd managed to get through rehearsal and then the performance, but as soon as he walked off the stage I rushed up to embrace him.

"I miss you so much, " I told him into his ear. I was still very well aware of his hatred of PDA, so I let go quickly and tried to hide the tears in my eyes.

"I miss you more, Robyn" he finally answered after staring at me for what felt like forever. He then turned around and walked away. Just like that. I felt a weight sit right on my chest that felt like my actual heart was being crushed.

Was he really able to be done with me so quickly?

A text came to my phone.

remember when u said u wanted to be able to disappear together?

I read the sender's name and my heart immediately inflated as I saw it was Marshall. Before I could reply he sent me an address for somewhere in Michigan. I figured it must've been for the cabin he had in the woods that he'd told me about.

I forwarded the address my people and told them that's where I'd be if someone died. I had planned on taking time off to plan my next album anyway and here he was with his always perfect timing.

When I got to the house Marshall was there waiting for me at the door. I had on several layers as there was already a nice layer of November snow covering the ground. He smirked at me and picked me up with a few kisses to my lips.

"Where the fuck have you been, woman?" he asked as he set me down inside. He grabbed the suitcase I'd brought with me and set it inside as well before closing the door behind him. It'd only been a few months, but butterflies filled my stomach anyway. I'd never get over him.

"Well, we sorta broke up. Or were you not there?" I said lightly.

He pretended to think about it as he helped me take off my coat.

"Oh yeah. That was fucking dumb why'd we do that again?" he joked as he put up my coat.

"Because we love each other too much," I answered and even coming out my mouth it sounded stupid. But it was dangerous.

"Well normally when people love each other too much," he began as he held my cold face in his warm hands, "they do other dumb shit like get married. Why the fuck didn't I just marry you?"

His fierce eyes stared me down and my heart raced way above any normal rate. He finally leaned into kiss after awhile, and pulled back almost as if broken out of a spell.

He walked away from me and grabbed a manilla folder off the couch. He came over and handed it to me and I began to flip through it.

"Clyde got me to meet up with him a couple weeks ago. Well... I found out his real name is Thomas. Anyway, I know we're supposed to be relaxing, but I wanted you to have it now. We did promise Jasmine revenge for her sister. It could take awhile for us to even be able to get started, so just think about it okay? We make a good team," he explained. I smiled as I read the files. The success of the most recent bust had me itching to get that adrenaline rush back. To run the law the way we did.

"I'll think about it. But for now can you do me a favor?" I asked him as I set the file down and approached him. I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely.

"Anything, Robyn," he said with a skeptical expression. I smiled.

"Suppose we did get married instead of break up. If this is the honeymoon spot then what should we be doing?" I asked in an innocent tone. I was allowed to live in a fantasy even for a little while.

Marshall caught on quickly and swooped me up bridal style. I squealed as he did and pulled him into a deep kiss. I knew I was just setting us both up for disappointment once the getaway was over, but that just seemed to work best for us.

"Say it, Mrs. Fenty-Mathers" he said as he led us to the bedroom.

"Marshall, Marshall, Marshall," I said in my thickest accent. He seemed to be pleased because he hooted then closed us in the bedroom

*Author's Note*

I don't think y'all know how relieved I am to be done with this story. I plan on going back eventually and doing some cleaning up and maybe some lost chapters but all in all it's done. Thank y'all for reading for so long and for allowing me all this time to fall in live with these characters. I listened to Eminem as I wrote this and Love The Way You Lie came on, and I don't even like that song that much anymore and I almost started crying because they're a mess and I'm a mess. It may not be a perfect end, but it's how I wanted which is all I can ask. I don't think there'll be a sequel but ya never know. Please comment and tell me what you thought of it. Thank y'all so much again.