nineteen

Juliette nervously glanced around the packed room, her eyes searching for the few faces she had been expecting, but she only saw Julia and Elliot. She tried to contain her frown as she focused on the people who were graduating before her.

  Her mother had called the school she did online for and managed to get her on the graduation roll so she could get an official graduation. She was actually terrified out of her mind.

  Two names to go and her eyes still searched for her friends, but she couldn't focus as she took a step forward, grabbing onto the person in front of her to steady herself. The boy sent her a comforting smile and she returned it before his name was called and she watched him walk away.

  "Juliette Fletcher." Hollering erupted from the back of the room and she spotted her friends including Emma and Ethan. She had to blink away her tears as she took her diploma, a smile that spread to her ears on her lips. She walked down beside the boy from earlier and they highfived. She didn't even know him, but graduation brings everyone together.

  A few names later, her best friend was being called up and she let out a yell, wiping at her eyes at seeing Marley walk across the stage. The two girls held eye contact as she stood in her rightful spots, excited grins on their faces.

  Once it was over, Juliette didn't even bother throwing her cap, just ran over to Marley, the girls embracing tightly, tears pouring from their eyes. They cheered loudly, holding onto to the other before Elliot was stealing his sister away. Him and their mother sandwiched her in a hug, tears being shed by all three.

  "I'm so proud of you, Julie!" Julia praised, kissing her daughter's cheek and then Emma wrapped her in a hug, the two rocking back and forth.

  "My girl graduated!" Emma cheered, wiping the tears from her eyes. Juliette turned from Emma to spot Ethan who held a bouquet of flowers, opening his arms. She didn't hesitate to run into them, her hands finding the back of his neck, her legs going around his waist. He nuzzled his head into her neck, whispering sweet nothings near her ear.

  "Damn, Jules, you're making me feel dumb." Ethan admitted and she pulled back, her hands running through his hair before chuckling and placing her lips on his. Their lips were warm and moved in a way that made her feel giddy inside. She bit his lip slightly before pulling away, knowing people were gathering around.

  "Girl, I'm such a proud father!"

●●●●●

short but cute !! my baby jules graduated yay BTW if you didnt guess, that was noel saying that at the end