Chapter 1

Started: 16/02/2017 07:55
Finished: 17/02/2017 07:20
Completed: 17/02/2017 07:39

Stiles had never been so happy he was good at memorising directions- this school seemed like the sort of place where people would rip on him for having his face stuck in a map.

His first lesson- AP English- was at the end of this hall of lockers, just past the group of teens that were watching him extremely carefully.

He watched them in his peripheral vision as he passed them, afraid one of them was going to jump out and start telling him his real back story.

No. No one was gonna do that in Beacon Hills because he'd made sure he had such an uncommon name someone wouldn't even think of googling it. He'd even gone to the extent of making himself a back story this time, instead of letting the FBI do it. He always fucked up when they did it and he was not moving again.

Five times in one year because of his stupid ADHD and bad memory. Five new states, five new homes, five new families, five new schools and countless headlines.

He'd promised himself this time would be different, and he never broke his word.

Barely anyone was in the class as the first bell went. Stiles stood at the back and waited for more people to come in and sit down before he tried finding an empty seat.

Eventually, the seats filled and he took a seat next to what seemed like a quiet, curly haired boy, that was hunched over his ring binder.

He couldn't of been more wrong.

"Hi! I'm Isaac!" The boy smiled cheerfully when he saw Stiles sit beside him.

"Um... Hi, I'm Stiles." Stiles smiled weakly at the boy as he pulled out his folder.

Isaac had bright blue eyes and soft wrinkles at the corners of his eyes from where he was smiling. His smile was wide and friendly and his teeth were in two perfect, dazzling straight lines.

"You're new here, aren't you?" Isaac smiled, but returned to his work.

"Yeah." Stiles opened his folder and peered at Isaac's work.

Starting in the middle of a semester definitely had its disadvantages; the work had already started and Stiles didn't have a clue what they were meant to be learning in any of his subjects and just hoped they'd be doing what he was in the last school.

He caught sight of the work on a poem he'd done before and mentally started doing a victory dance. He flicked through the work in his folder and stopped on the poem.

"Where'd you come from?" Isaac asked, lifting his head and watching Stiles.

"Alaska." Stiles replied. He hadn't, but it was his new story. "I've been living with my Gran."

Easy. That was easy. You can breathe now, Stiles. And he did because it was easy, and it was just like every time he'd told himself in his room.

"You're the Sheriffs 'long lost son'?" Isaac made air quotes and smirked.

"Not long lost, but yeah, I'm his son." Stiles smirked at the rumours.

"How long you back for?"

"I don't know. Preferably permanently."

"Why-?"

"Quieten down!" The teacher called as he walked in and Stiles was thankful the old man interrupted the question he was dreading.

------------------------------------------------------