Chapter 8

As I heard the word 'Lover' come out from her mouth, I instantly felt betrayed.. Yes we are just 'friends' and being more than that with our status is impossible, but after all the things we did.. It made me had some hope.

Just in the nick of time Eric came.

"Lady Orphell, welcome.. Please come with me to the guest room. We have things to discuss." He said with a hand on his stomach.

"Hmph! You should have this one checked! She is not very polite is she?" Saying that, she and her mother left.

Eric glared at me probably thinking "We'll talk later."

I bit my lip and went inisde the ballroom. The tables and dishes and lights were all finished already. We just need to wait in line around the ball for the king and queen themselves.

The king and queen came and everyone bowed their heads until they instructed us to lift our heads again.

"I'm sure you all know that the prince Snow's birthday is today.. So I'll get to the point here. I want everyone to help him pick a girl out of all the ones that was invited to the birthday. BUT! Make sure you pick a good one! She's going to be the next queen in the future." The Queen ordered.

"Now now Georgia.. We don't want our servants to feel pressured..! But please do help, we are quite worried that Snow will never find his future bride since he is quite an introvert. He usually doesn't attend to most parties that aren't hosted by us or are crowded." The King explained.

The King is not as strict as his wife, The Queen, that's why a lot of the servants in the castle are usually scared when it comes to Queen Georgia.

Does that mean that the King and Queen does not know of the relationship he has with Lady Orphell? Should I not help out then? Since he already has a lover..

The large ballroom door opened and one by one royals from all around the world came. The names were all pronounced by the speaker (Idk what the ones who calls out their names are called).
The ballroom became very lively and crowded, filled with handsome men and beautiful ladies. Men who are from the high military positions was also invited of course. The ladies are also from high positions based on their country, either rich, powerful or both.

Seeing these many people in the room made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The most important people of different countries sat down on the huge and long wooden table and conversed with each other. After serving people who were seriously roaming around everywhere talking and flirting with different people to see if they would click with each other, I saw Snow in the distance sitting on the royal chair.
He was looking around gloomily and as he saw me his expression immediately perked up. I smiled at him and was about to wave but was interrupted when someone called for a glass of red wine.
I spotted a familiar face glowering at me.

"Eric might I help you with something?" I asked bluntly.

"You!" He hissed and I cleared my throat silently.

"You're lucky I haven't fired you yet! Did you know how much I had to go through from all your mistakes?!" He gritted his teeth at me and in the exhaled through his nose.

"I'm sorry... Are you alright?" I asked trying to earn back some points with him.

"Worry about yourself! Get back to work." He said and went off to other guests that needed attendance.

Did Lady Orphell scold him or something? He was furious! Damn I should really stop causing trouble for Eric..

After what seemed like forever after dealing with some drunk guests, One of the higher ups sitting in the table waved me to come by. He was sitting next to Snow and he smiled at me. I looked down with a smile.