Chapter 17

"Ugh...(y/n)..."

"Ah! Ignis..!" I opened my eyes immediately as I heard his voice.

He got up and grabbed his head. He hissed.

"What happened..?"

"I'm sorry..! Because of me you had to do all the work so that we could escape from that horrid prison!"

"Oh. Right... That. It was all because we were helped by that girl though... So, how long did I sleep for? My body feels so heavy." His eyes scanned the room.

"Ah! That might be due to your fever."

"Fever... Been a long time since I had one of those."

He got out of bed but lost his balance. He held onto the side of the bed and held his head with the other.

"Ugh... Can't feel a damn thing with these jelly legs!" He hissed in frustration.

"Erm... I'll go and get you your food!" I said as I walked to the kitchen and prepared some porridge.

"(y/n)! I brought back some fish! Just caught them by the nearby river!" The owner of this house that helped us called out from the gates as he locked it back.

I heard the creaking of old wood as he opened the front door.
He opened the kitchen door and placed the bucket of fish he caught on the floor.

"Welcome back! Whoa! You caught a lot today!" I said with obvious surprise in my tone of voice.

"Wow (y/n)! Do I suck that much? Kinda hurts..." He drooped sadly.

"Ahahah... I didn't mean it in that way!" I slapped his back and laughed awkwardly. "Um.. Anyway-" As I turned my body to face the bedroom, Ignis swung the door open and stared at the stranger in front of him.

"Oh! The fella's awake now is he?" He beamed with a little grin.

"Yep! Ignis, this is Harry. He allowed us to stay at his house while you were out cold." I looked up at Ignis who was supporting himself against the door frame. He nodded his head slowly trying to digest every single word in his head as his hand still remained on his lightheaded brain.

"You alright there? Let's sit you down, Ignis." Harry spoke with concern as Ignis' face flashed with sudden unease. He helped Ignis stumble back to the room and sat him down. "Get some more sleep. We'll talk more later."

Without another thought Ignis felt his energy drop until the only energy supressed was by him breathing the salty sea air in and out of his lungs. His breathing ragged and unstable.

In the meantime, Harry and I prepared food with the fish he just caught. Skills learned from serving at Snow's castle proved to be useful as I picked a few fruits from nearby. I could make something like pudding and even pancakes. Thankfully, this village had their own livestock and basic utensils needed for cooking. I haven't met many of the people living here but I have met a few. They were pretty quiet for a village that only had a population with the amount of less than 20 people. Thought all of them would know each other well enough if the numbers were that small.

"Mmm..! This tastes great! How do you make porridge this good?" Harry wondered as he took a few more spoonfuls of porridge.

I smiled and headed to the bedroom with a portion of porridge on both of my hands. "I could give you tips on cooking if you'd like!"

I closed the door behind me and dragged the chair next to the bed to face Ignis' sleeping figure. I placed a hand on his arm and shook him a little bit. "Ignis.. Wake up and eat for a bit." I said softly.

In response, he tried to open his eyes the first time but then closed them again. He looks so devastated... "Fine. Keep them closed for now. I'll feed you." I helped him get up and he leans onto the wall.

I blew on the spoonful of porridge and came near his lips. He parted his mouth slightly.

"Come on.. A little wider." I spoke as if talking to a 5 year old.

He opened it a little more and I fed him the porridge. He chewed on it slowly and gulped it down.

"Cant taste anything."

"You're sick."

"Right. Forgot how this felt. Feels nice."

"Nice..?" I questioned, wondering what exactly did he feel about being 'unable to taste anything' as nice.

"Mhm... Never had someone take care of me." He smiled ever so slightly.

I laughed a little and kept feeding him.

Me too.

Soon, as days passed, Ignis got better and could help gather resources with Harry.

What are we to do now...? We can't go back to the kingdom after all that! We'd get caught again. And Oh! I just left Snow like that without any explanation. This is the absolute worst. Should I write a letter to Dahlia and ask her to relay my message to Snow perhaps?...
Oh Grandma... If you are here it'd be so wonderful of you to bring me a sign...
Anything at all!

Thoughts ran around my head and I held my aching head. Taking a deep breath, I went out of the house and began to harvest the colorful crops. Everything smelled wondeful! My mind felt a little clearer after being out in the sun for a while.

Right! I'll just write to Dahlia and add another message in there for Snow to read. Perhaps all of this is for the best. We were just not meant to be...
I hope you are doing well my Prince.
I hope this will help you in fulfilling your role as the beloved King you will be.

——————————————————

Author's note:
Um Hello! It's been many many years yess... 💀💀💀
I don't know why but I decided to read my fanfic from the start again 'cuz I still got loads of notifications from wattpad even years later from all of you guys!
But I hope that from this reread, I can start writing this fanfic again with a fresher mind!

If you have any suggestions at all please leave it in the comment box! It actually does help me!
Especially when I need to know what every one of you guys actually want from the story! I don't want to dissapoint you all and getting your input will be very helpful indeed!