Chapter 29

Manik placed his drink on a table near him and walked through the group of people in the living room. He tried to get some fresh air after he ditched Soha.

He had flirted with her after seeing Nandini with Aryaman, just to show Nandini and himself that it didn't matter to him if she was with some other guy. But he didn't think its consequences.

Knowing Soha's intentions, he thought that the act seemed to be working, a bit of flirting won't harm anyone, that's what he thought. He didn't want to be around her, anywhere near her.

He wanted Nandini.

So when Soha led him in a corner, trying to get cozy with him, he could see her plan of getting him in the bed with her. He had to stop it. He didn't want any other girl. Only Nandini was in his mind. But how could he get her, especially after how he behaved with her in the afternoon.

He knew using Soha wasn't right, but he also knew Soha well. She wasn't the kind of girl to be hurt. Yes, she would be angry but definitely not hurt. So after the act Soha pulled up in the corner, he boldly told her in her face that nothing could happen between them, and walked away.

He was about to leave the living room and go for a walk outside, convincing himself that he wasn't looking for Nandini, when he heard a loud cheer from his drunk friends which caught his attention.

He took a deep breath and went forward and finally saw why his friends were cheering so loud. Mukti was on the table, totally drunk and dancing like she didn't give a damn.

But then Nandini joined her with someone's help. It looked like it was her but not exactly her. She seemed totally different. She didn't have the usual cautiousness around her as she danced on the music. As both the girls danced, the crowd around cheered for them.

Darwaaze ko kundi maaro
Koi na bach ke jaane paaye
DJ ko samjha do,
music ghalti se bhi ruk na jaaye
Thaka thaka jo feel kare wo jaake dou RedBull gatak le
Aur jisko dance nahi karna
Woh jaake apni bhains charaye

Bas aaj ki raat hai
Kal se wohi siyaape hain
Jee bhar ke naach lo
Na ghar waale na maape hain
Sab pe apna raaz hai
Darne ki kya baat hai
Yeh toh bas shuruaat hai
(Yeh toh bas shuruaat hai)
Arey abhi toh party shuru hui hai..
Yeh toh bas shuruaat hai

It was normal for everyone to see Mukti dancing and swaying in the music but now Nandini had grabbed the spotlight. Her dress wasn't too revealing with her skirt which ended a bit above her knees and her top which ended just before her belly button showing a small part of her skin.

As Nandini danced and jumped around on the table, the skirt would show a little more of her legs. This type of dressing should be illegal! He thought.

Her long straight hair fell on her shoulders and moved around when she jumped. But it was her beautiful smile that captured Manik. He had never seen her so happy...so carefree and so drunk?!

Baad mein na kehna kuch bhi
Pehle hi de doon warning
Party chalegi till six in the morning
Jee bhar ke naach le baby
Naach naach ke tod de sandal
Aunty police bula legi to
Yaar tera kar lega handle

Soochna janhit mein jaari
Jisko apni jaan pyaari
Chup-chaap wo floor pe aaye
Floor pe aake naache gaaye
Nakhre vakhre na dikhaaye
Sharm ko kar de bye bye
Michael Jackson waale
Do teen action karke dikhaye
Party karni hai (ho!)
Hum party karenge (ho!)
Kisi ke bhi papa se nahi darenge
Hum hain bete hum, baaki saare paani kam
Humein rok ke dikhaaye jiski bum me hai dum