Chapter 35

Tanu had just called her to inform she had reached Mangalore safely. After their exams ended a few days ago, students had finally gotten time for themselves and their family. Nandini would also have gone but she was too tired to travel all the way home and so she chose to stay back with Manik instead.

Nandini ran her fingers through her hair as walked her way towards the house where the party was going on. It had taken her a little longer than usual in the café and she told Manik to meet her directly at the party instead of waiting for her at home.

After weeks of seriously studying, everyone were now looking forward to the various parties to loosen up. Nandini also had the same thinking and wouldn't mind to have a little fun, well drinking not included.

A small smile made its way on her lips as she thought of the memory, or whatever she remembered, of the day she was drunk. And it's outcome. Maybe it wasn't so bad to be drunk after all.

As she was crossing the road, she turned to look back over her shoulder. As much as she tried, she couldn't remove the feeling of being watched by someone. A shiver ran down her spine at the meaning of it, but she didn't want to think about it and get stressed. She almost told Manik about it but then what exactly would she tell? She has a feeling? Then she tried to forget about it convincing herself that she was just overreacting.

Just as typical parties, the house was loud with music and people were dancing around with a drink in their hands in the dim light.

Nandini walked through the crowd searching for Manik. She saw one of Manik's friend and decided to ask him.

'Tumne Manik ko kahi dekha hai?'

'Shayad kitchen me hai.' He replied and she made her way towards the kitchen.

Nope. No Manik.

Okay, look for Navya...

As she was still searching for the either of the two, she finally spotted Manik's figure in the dark. He stood with his back towards her near the door, engaged in a conversation with a guy. Feeling relived, she almost ran towards him.

'Hey!' She greeted him as she wrapped her arms around his waist from behind.

Manik turned around with a smile and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer towards his chest.

'Hi angel.' He whispered in her ears and pressed a small kiss on her forehead. That was when she realised that the person who was talking with Manik was still here. With a small smile, she turned to face him.

Her breath got caught in her lungs when she found herself looking into a pair of eyes which was very familiar. Her smile immediately faded and she could feel her bool frozen in her veins. She stared helplessly at the person in front of her with wide eyes.

Nahi. Aisa nahi ho sakta hai mere sath.
Aiyappa please nahi...

'Nandu ye Madhyam hai. We met in a interschool singing competition in high school.'

Just as she heard Manik's voice proving her fears coming true, her world came crashing down once again. At that moment she was thankful of the support Manik's arm around her, or she would've probably crumbled down.

'Madhyam ye Nandini hai, meri girlfriend.' Manik continued.

Nandini leaned towards Manik as she found Maddy's gaze. That movement didn't go unnoticed by Maddy. He raised his eyebrows at her, as if mocking her.

He leaned forward and tilted his head.

'I don't think we've met before. I am Madhyam Singhania. It's a pleasure to meet you Nandini.' He greeted in a deep chilling voice.