Moving Away

(This resulted in 2002)

There sat Dougal Abbott on his hammock outside, twiddling his thumbs nervously. He watched as his parents collected his belongings in a jiffy, and soon told him to follow them to the car.

Dougal sacked in a deep breath, and proceeded on without any nervous reaction.

His father was a scientist, but then once both of Dougal's parents lost all of their money for the three of them to survive on, he ended up losing his job. Dougal's mother has a piano, but was in no mood to play it after they were done packing.

Dougal sat in the backseat, wishing very dearly that his parents would change their minds. He wanted them to at least remain here for his 12th birthday, but they rejected. And once they did, he realized that he had no more choice to the matter. This would be his worst birthday yet.

The wind blew viciously, causing the trees to shake in a vigorous manner. Once he saw those angry trees, he realized that he could relate to them. He began to feel his rage tear through him, and he almost didn't know why he felt that way. Was it that his birthday was getting ceased ever so cruelly? Was it because of his parents' failure? Because if it's none of those things, then what was his problem? Perhaps he decided that he should get his emotions checked again.

He remembered that horrid moment with that therapist, when that short man told him that he should watch his anger at all times. And of course, Dougal began to argue furiously, telling that selfish little man to keep his long nose out of his personal life. 

And of course, that therapist just takes it in in a calm manner.

As usual, Dougal explodes even more, realizing how true that damn man is, and how much he wanted to sock that guy square in the face. Although Dougal wanted to cause as much pain to that troubling man as possible, he still was right. He still was telling Dougal the truth. The truth about himself and his personal problem. That was the big reason why he was never fond of that guy in the first place. How dare he delve deep into his personal well-being. How dare that man think he knew how Dougal truly felt. If Dougal was his father, he would've been able to flip the guy off.

But of course, he didn't. He knew better than that. Behind all that uncontrollable anger, it still didn't mean he didn't know right from wrong. He wasn't that angry, and he never could be. Well, at least, not angry enough to act utterly foolish with his own decisions.

Anyways, back to Dougal and his family deciding if they should move away or not. His mother wished that she could bear the piano in their difficult move to a completely new place, but it just wasn't possible. She ended up leaving it behind.

His father was sad that they had to start a new life like this, especially on his son's birthday, but he had no choice to the matter. After all, this is for the sake of his family's survival. They couldn't give up now.

*****