+ 8 +

"It was pretty awesome, actually. I went with Hannah and it was really fun," Grant describes as we pack our books and laptops into our bags.

I nod, surprised, "Wow, really? The poster made it sound kind of lame. I'm glad it turned out great though, I have a feeling you and Hannah have a good thing going."

I recall seeing the background of his phone during class. It's a photo of him and Hannah, looking happy and blinded by love. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I find him already looking at me intently, "So what did you do the whole evening?" he asks.

With a shrug, I lead us out towards the exit, flitting my eyes briefly to Professor Hartley who sorts through stacks of paper at his desk.

"It was alright. I just stayed in my room and worked on the booklet; I actually made quite a bit of progress," I answer, happy with my decision to do so.

Today I managed to somewhat guide the class through the first couple pages. It took a lot of extra phrasing from Professor Hartley but we got there in the end and I conjured up a few coherent sentences.

"Wow, is Quorra Neversea turning into a nerd?" Grant gapes at me as I shove him into a group of students who walk past.

He stumbles to regain his footing, apologising to them before catching up to me again, "Chill, Quo," he laughs as I sigh.

"Professor Hartley already dislikes me for all the crap I've done, it's good that I'm actually trying now," I defend myself, although I have to admit that my evenings seem a lot bleaker now that I need to spend them catching up on work.

"Are you free tonight?" he suddenly asks as we step into the elevator and press the buttons for our floors.

I should probably do some of my English work since we have a project coming up in the coming weeks, but I deserve a reward for at least thinking about being productive, right?

"Yeah, why?" I give into my craving to let loose for the night as a smile stretches across his face.

"Want to come to dinner with Hannah and I?" he questions as I immediately raise an eyebrow.

"Isn't that kinda weird? - I don't want to be a third wheel. You go ahead and let me know how it goes."

He pouts, "Please? It'll be fun, and besides, we aren't that serious yet. It's just like we're friends right now, with a label slapped on us. You won't be a third wheel."

"Why do you want me to come? I don't know, Grant," I cross my arms, reluctant to volunteer for a night of awkwardness.

"It'll help make the atmosphere less stiff. It'll be a good time - the restaurant has amazing food," he convinces as I sigh.

One of the only successful methods to bribing a Quorra is food.

My weakness. I must go.

Besides, I want him to find love too.

"Fine," I agree, "If Hannah tells me to leave at any point though, I'm respecting that."

With a beaming grin, he steps out as the elevator arrives on his floor, "Meet you in the lobby at seven," he says, as the doors shut and separate us once again.

Oh boy.

I get myself into the weirdest situations.

At quarter to seven, to find myself in a dilemma. I don't own many other clothes apart from leggings, jeans, and oversized hoodies. What outfit do you even wear to a dinner with a couple? The more I think about this, the more strange it seems.