ch. 4

"Get on the line!" My coach yells.

Me and my teammates go to the edge of the court and get ready to run. Coach Benson blows his whistle and we take off. As usual, I am in the lead and make it back to the line first. We run suicides until my coach deems us ready to start practice. The only reason we were running suicides was because two of my other teammates were late to practice.

"Damn, I'm tired." Kai says, drinking from his water bottle.

"I can't feel my chest." Finn says, holding his chest.

"Y'all are weak." I say, taking a sip of my water then holding my arms up above my head.

"Let's go! Let's go!" The assistant coach yells, clapping his hands. We all make our way to the middle of the court and stand in a circle.

"I want my starting five to run drills on the courts outside and the rest of you in here with me." Coach Benson says.

Kai, Finn and I make our way outside with our other two teammates. We run drills and practice basketball until practice is over at 5:30.

"Where you going now, bruh?" Finn asks me.

"Out. I'll text you when I get home, man." I say, then get in my car before they can ask me anything else.

When I get in the car, I call Princeton on FaceTime.

"Hello?" Prince says, coming into the camera.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask. "We still going out tonight, right?"

"Yeah, of course. I just got out of class. I'm making my way to my dorm right now. You picking me up?" He asks.

"You want me, too?" I ask him.

"It's up to you. Whatever you want." Prince says, smiling in the camera. He was so fine, he had perfect white teeth.

"Okay, I'll come get you. What time?" I ask. He puts me on mute and I wait.

"Come get me at 7:30. The movie starts at 8:05. We can talk a little then go to the movie." He says, coming back into the camera.

"Alright, see you then." We say our goodbyes then hang up.

I pull into my driveway and park my car. My dad's car is parked in the driveway so he must have picked Collins up from school and taken her home.

I walk in the house and go straight to my room. I turn on my Apple TV and play Losin Control x Russ.

!DING! I sit on my bed and take my phone out of my pocket. A girl from my school snapchatted me. Deciding not to open it yet, I put my phone down on my bed and got to the bathroom to take a shower. When I finish, I get out and wrap a towel around my waist. I grab my phone and open the snapchat sent from the girl, Destiny.

My eyes go big when I open the snapchat. Destiny sent me a picture of her in her panties posing in front of a mirror. I replay the 3-second snapchat and take a screen shot.

__mydestiny92 is typing.....

I roll my eyes and wait for her to finish.

__mydestiny92 sent you a snapchat.

__mydestiny92 : why did you screenshot????? 😒

Caymanbigmanhughes: why you sent it to me? 👀👀

__mydestiny92 : that doesn't mean screenshot!!!! delete it !!!!!!!!!!🗣🗣🗣

Caymanbigmanhughes : nope , shouldn't have sent It . its mine now😋😋😋

__mydestiny92 : you like it??? there could be more .....😏

Caymanbigmanhughes : maybe.... let me get back to you on that...

__mydestiny92 : ok, btw i made this for your game this Friday

She sends me a picture of a shirt that had my name and number on it. I don't reply to her and laugh to myself. Hoes these days.

I look up and notice I had been going back and forth between snapchat and twitter for an hour. I began to get ready to go and pick up Princeton.

I dress in a navy blue baseball jersey, jeans and all white Nike Air Force 1. I spray some cologne then make my way downstairs, grabbing my wallet.

"Cayman, why didn't you say you were home?" My dad says, coming to stop me at the door

"Sorry, I just had some homework I needed to finish." I lie.

"Okay, that's fine. Just let someone know you're home next time. Where you going now?" He asks.

"Out with Finn and Kai." I say, opening the door.

"Alright, but be back by curfew!" He says, as I get in my car.

I don't say anything back and drive to the address Princeton sent me.

I text Prince that I was here and wait in the car. In a few minutes, he comes and gets in the passenger seats.

"Hello." He says, smiling at me.

"Hey, what's good?" I say, resting my hand on his thigh and pulling out of his parking lot.

"You look good." I say.

"Thanks. You do, too." Prince says, eyeing me up and down.

"So, what school do you go to?" Prince asks.

I try to look nonchalant on the outside but on the inside I am definitely panicking. Prince went to University of Miami. I can't say I go to that school so I think of another school.

"I go to Florida Memorial." I say, quickly.

"Oh, that's what's up." Prince says, reclining back in the seat and thankfully done asking questions.