Marriage Problems

'Marriage Problems' by sixpenceeestories.com user @lunakenisis

My wife left me. There's a horror story: Divorce. A messy business no one wants to go through, even if in our case it was a long time coming. It was my fault really, I knew deep down she wasn't ready for marriage. But I loved her so much, and I know she felt the same. So we did what many a couple before us have done and got hitched on a whim.

It didn't take long for the cracks to begin to show.

Honeymoon period over, we began to cry sit in silence in the evenings. No conversation whilst watching our shows. It was like we had nothing left to talk about, or at least she didn't. I would try to prod at her with little bits of commentary during movies but I didn't get so much as a hum in response.

She stopped having her meals with me. That stung. I'd always taken great pride in my cooking; whether it be my own recipes or ones passed down through my family, I loved cooking and put a lot of time and care into my food. Her meals went to waste, scrapped into the garbage disposal as I fought back tears. Once or twice I could understands, sometimes a person just isn't hungry or they're still full from their last meal, but this was becoming a regular thing. I began to wonder if she was having an affair; was she eating with them at their dinner table? Or had her love for me died off so much she couldn't even stand to eat with me.

Our sex life began to deteriorate soon after. We still had sex, but it became less and less frequent as the days and weeks went by. There was no passion in it anymore, it felt like it was just routine, a chore to get done with. It was dull, lifeless. Afterwards we didn't even cuddle like we had before. She seemed to stay as far as she could from me, teetering on the edge of the bed rather than having to share space.

That did it, if I'm perfectly honest, it felt like there was nothing left for us. She felt the same, even if she didn't voice as much. I could see the glint of happiness in her eyes that she tried so hard to hide when I mentioned the 'D' word.

So that's it, I'm sending her back. The shipping is costing me a fortune and I'm demanding a damn refund. If they refuse well, I'll make sure there's somehow no air holes in the crate of their faulty product. I won't be buying from them again.