Stupid Amelia! Why Are You Hitting On My Boyfriend!?

Gumball's POV

(I'm Melanie Martinez trash 😂)

Mom called us up to the desk once she scheduled an appointment. I helped Chi Chi up and the three of us walked up. I found myself kinda-really holding his hand... a little and he didn't really do anything to stop it so I guess it was fine. A nurse lead us into a room and I sat Chi Chi down on the bed.

"And this is your kid?" The nurse asked.

"Oh" mom laughed, "No no! He's um, my son's... boyfriend?" She looked at me at the word boyfriend and questioned me to make sure she was right. We both blushed and Anais snickered.

"Wha!? No! He's not my boyfriend!" I protested.

"W-were just friends!" Chi Chi added. My mom didn't seem to believe that but she went along with it anyway. The nurse giggled to while Chi Chi and I still blushed frantically. Greattttt the last thing I need is for random people and even my own family to start shipping me with people!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The nurse told us to wait outside while she pulled up an x-ray of Chi Chi's leg. Apparently I wasn't supposed to be looking at that, but I didn't care so I kept watching through the slightly cracked door. I felt like someone was watching me so l glanced over and saw Anais giggling.

"What now?" I asked.

"Hehe nothing!" She kept giggling. "I just can't wait to tell Darwin about your BOYFRIEND!!!!" She yelled. I put my hand over her mouth and she kept laughing.

"He's not my boyfriend!!!" I fumed.

"Surrrrrrreeeee he isn't!!!" I blushed and shot her a look in return which she seemed pretty proud of.

I glanced at the door again and studied what the nurse was doing. From what I could see, there was another person in the room besides her and Chi Chi and it looked like a girl about our age. She was introducing him to that girl and saying she was getting volunteer hours here- at least that's what I was pretty sure she said. She introduced her saying her name was Amelia and left shortly after that to let the girl get her volunteer hours.

This 'Amelia' girl inspected Chi Chi's leg some more and decided he needed a few band-aids to start. She applied them and grabbed a little gauze as well to help with the deeper cuts. She started fixing up his leg with slight romantic-ish tones. She kept asking him questions like if he had a girlfriend  or if he was looking for one anytime soon. He kept saying no but still in a polite way while I watched slightly annoyed by this girl's desperate hints of affection towards Chi Chi. I watched her wrap more gauze around his leg and start to get him a cast. They conversed more while she was doing so. I was starting to turn away from the scene until I saw her going in to kiss him... and to say the least, I wasn't very happy about that.

Without thinking I opened the door and Anais stood behind behind me.

"Oh hi Gumball, hey Anais" he said casually. Amelia looked annoyed but continued with her work. "Why'd you open the door? I closed it specifically so random people didn't come in!" She interrupted rudely.

"Uh-um..." Crap, I didn't think I'd get this far! Thankfully Anais helped me out.

"We just wanted to make sure Chi Chi was okay. Being with a stranger and all" she lied. Well I guess it wasn't a complete lie, but still not really true.

"He's fine! Now leave! I was in the middle of something!!!" She retorted. I refused to leave and my sister could sense I was maybe starting to get kinda... a little bit .... slightly... jealous, and I guess I couldn't really deny it.

"How about we just stay here to make sure he's okay?" I blushed. She tried to argue back but Chi Chi agreed with me and Anais and let us stay.

"Ugh fine! Just keep it quiet!!!"

We sat down and together and waited for her to be done with him. Mom didn't seem to be too concerned with us so we figured it was okay. Amelia finished her work in silence and called the nurse back into the room so she could help her. Soon enough, she gave Chi Chi some crutches and finished putting on the cast and sent us out to go. Mom happily payed for the bill and we started to go home. As we were walking out of the hospital Chi Chi looked slightly concerned.

"It's kinda hard to believe that you just wanted to make sure I was okay again..."

"What do you mean?"

"Uh well um" he hesitated. "Were you like, jealous or something...?" He asked.

"W-wha? No! I'm not... why would I be!? I'm not jealous!!!" I said defensively.

"Oh okay" he smiled. I blushed again.

"Well maybe a little," I mumbled.

"R-really?" He asked as he blushed too. Why the hell was he so cute!?

I nodded and looked away to avoid anymore confrontation, but somehow I found myself holding his hand a little even though he was on crutches. We walked out of the hospital like that and got into the car together. Anais seemed to be happy we were 'getting along' so well and I could tell she had a lot to tell Darwin when we got home...

(Woooowwww this is the longest one yet! Wooo! Anyway, thanks for reading and there's more on the way! K den I'm out! ✌🏽)