My Future Husband?

Hermione's POV

"No Ronald we already decided we are better off as friends" I remind him annoyed.

"But Hermione we were together before and I am a pureblood, this way you won't be with a stranger" Ron tries to persuade me. Let me fill you in on want is happening. It has been two days since the announcement of the new marriage law. I have been swapped with work trying to distract myself. Right now Ron was trying to convince me to marry him so that we don't end up with strangers. But I don't love the ministry tests are never wrong.

Harry got approval for him and Ginny to stay engaged & have kids. Percy and Audrey are now engaged along with George & Angelia. Only Ron and I don't have partners. I'll end up with a pureblood while he'll be with either a muggle born like me or a halfblood. Ron doesn't want to end up with someone outside the Order or D. A so is trying to get back together with me.

But I don't love him and only see him as a friend. Also the thought of us being anything more sickens me. Although I haven't told him that. "I don't care who I end up with, I trust the ministry to make the right decision" I state firmly.

"Oh really, want if they put you with Malfoy?" he asks.

"It wouldn't be a bad thing him and his family have changed since the war. They were cleared of all charges and put through a rehab program which they passed with flying colours. Besides I can think of worse people to be paired with" I state. "Now leave I have work to do" I tell him and he leaves slamming the door behind him.

"What's wrong with Weaslby?" Draco asks entering my office. He was helping me with a case on house elf liberation rights. I know I was shocked myself when he offered his help.

"He is trying to get back together with me so that he doesn't end up with a stranger" I state.

"And you refused?" Draco asks shocked.

"Yes I do not love him and do like the idea of us being interment at all" I state. "Now lets not discus my love life and get back to the matter at hand" I say opening a file. Draco nods his head and sits across from me opening an other file.

(five days later) Still Hermione's POV

I was waiting for my name to be called to see who my future husband is. Over the last five days Ron has tried to make moves on me. But I decline everytime and he gave up. Draco and I are nearly finished our argument for elf rights. Ginny, Harry, Percy, Penelope, George and Angelia have all choose their wedding dates already. Ginny and Harry called his birthday the 31st of July, Percy and Penelope have decided on the fifth of August and finally George called the 14th of August with Angelia.

"Hermione Granger" Kingsley called my name out and I stand up slowly before entering his office. "Please take a seat your future husband will be here soon" he says and I sit down. "I assure you it is not Mister Ronald Weasley as he has been paired with a Hufflepuff halfblood by the name Susan Bones" he explains.

"Ron doesn't know yet" I state remembering he was still waiting outside. The boys are being called in alphabetical order and their partners name follow them. Three boys were called before my name and only two are purebloods.

"Yes he does not, but the test shows they well be a perfect match just like you and your future life partner" Kingsley states smiling.  "Now I know you both have a past, but if anyone can work through it you both can" he assures me. This gave me some hope that I'll be getting a nice guy.

There was a knock at the door that interrupted my thoughts. Kingsley got up and answered the door letting in a young man with fair hair. "Hermione allow me to introduce you to Draco Malfoy your future husband" he states as blue-grey eyes meet my brown ones.

"May I have a moment with my future fiance?" Draco asks. Kingsley nods his head and leaves the office. Draco looks at me studying me and holds out  hand to me. Which I take slowly and he pulls me into his chest wrapping his arms around my waist. "I am so glad we have been given this opportunity and I promise to be the best husband possible. To see you as my equal Hermione" he says and wrap my arms around him nodding my head into his hard chest.