Old Friend, New Job

For most of the story, it's in Star's POV because I couldn't really find a way to put Marco in before she gets to Echo Creek.

Also I made sure that this chapter is extra long (wink wink nudge nudge) for you guys.

Song: Ride by Twenty One Pilots

Star's POV

I walk onto the double decker bus, pulling my shades over my eyes. There weren't many people on, considering that it was ten at night.

Pulling my phone out, I checked the maps to see that Echo Creek is only a couple hours away. I plugged in my ear buds and stared out the window until I eventually fell asleep listening to Ride by Twenty One pilots. (You can play the video of you want:)

...

As the bus came to a screeching halt, I lunged forward in my seat, hitting the one in front of me.

"Ouch." I said rubbing my head.

"Anybody heading to Echo Creek, you have reached your destination. I repeat, we are at Echo Creek. Have a nice day" The driver said over the speakers.

I have an old friend in Echo Creek, who I have known forever. I know that she possibly can't say no to this face when I ask to stay with her for a little bit, until I find an apartment.

"Let's hope that she still lives where she was last time." I mumble to myself crossing my fingers.

I walked up the steps and nervously rang the doorbell.

There was someone talking behind the door and sounded angry. "I TOLD YOU BEFORE THAT I DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM YOUR STUPID ASS CATALOG!!"

She opened the door and I stood there doing jazz-hands. "Surprise!"

My friend stood there trying to process everything in her mind. Then a smile slowly crept onto her face. "Star!!"

"Janna!!" I yelled, giving her a big hug. We basically stood there squealing like girls until we pulled apart and excitedly walked into her house.

"Oh my God Star! What're you doing here?! I thought you left to go back with your parents in Hollywood!"

I giggled at the jumping girl. "I did! And I decided to come back! But I didn't think everything through clearly and need to find somewhere to stay. Do you think..?"

"Yes! Of course you stay here!" I didn't even need to finish my sentence as she dragged me into her room.

Janna pulled a mattress from underneath her bed and pulled it up so they were about the same height.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here." I said as she was running around trying to find bedsheets.

"Oh, it's no problem. It's basically just like a really long sleepover, like the good old days." We sighed at the thought of us hanging out when we were younger.

"And do you know if there are any places offering jobs?" I asked the brunette .

Janna looked at me and started thinking. "At Stop and Slurp I know that they need help. I work there also, so I can put a good word in for you to my boss. He's really nice."

"Omg Janna I can't thank you enough. You're the bestest best friend ever!!!" I squeeled, giving her a giant bear hug.I

"You were always there for me when I was a kid, so now it's my turn to help." She said hugging me back. "C'mon, let's go to Stop and Slurp and talk to my boss!"

Janna pulled my hand as we went out the door. I jumped into the passenger seat next to my friend, and we drove off to hopefully get myself a job finally.