What's That Supposed To Mean? - 2

Chapter 2

I looked for my father, my eyes scanning the crowd for a dark olive skinned, tall man with grey hair. And found him. There he was. I felt the tears building up in my eyes as I pushed the door open and ran towards him, almost knocking him off his feet.

"Dad," I whispered, burying my face in his neck. I had missed him so much, I had missed his smell. My dad.

"Samantha," he said, his voice shaky. If he started crying I would probably start sobbing of joy, even though it was my nightmare to cry. My dad, Arianna and Mason were the ones who had seem me truly cry and I would never let it happen again. I hated it.

My dad squeezed me with his big arms, his face in my hair. We stood like that for a long nice moment. I wasn't going to leave him again. I couldn't even figure out why I left in the first place. My dad was my everything.

He pulled back after a while and put his hands on my shoulders as he took a good at me. Okay, so he was crying. I felt the tears just running down my cheeks like a freaking fountain. I pushed back the sobs that wanted to come out and tuned out everyone on this field except for my dad. But to be honest, I didn't care that I cried. Not now, these were tears of joy and love.

"You are so beautiful," he said taking me back into his embrace. I smiled, never wanting to let go.

"I missed you so much, dad, you have no idea."

"I missed you, too, Sammy. I missed you like heck." He chuckled, taking my face in his big warm hands, wiping my tears with his thumbs. I never thought I would actually react like this when I saw him. He laughed out loud, caressing my cheek.

"My beautiful baby. You've become such a beautiful young woman. You look a lot like your mother."

"I might, but everything else is from you." I smiled at him, kissing his cheek. This was family and this was home. Nothing could top that.

"Come on, go say hi to everyone. I'm going to have time with you after this and you can tell me everything then," he said

"Absolutely," I said. Then I turned and ran straight into the arms of my Aunt Bianca, the mother I never had. She was still the mother I never had. She was the one who helped my dad raising me, being there for me as a mother.

"Samantha," she said to me, while crying, "you've become even more beautiful. What happened to you?"

I laughed." Thank you, Aunt Bee. I missed you so much."

"Oh we did, too," Willa said from behind her with a grin. I hugged her hard and then Joseph, telling them how much I missed them. The one I looked for wasn't there though but it didn't take long for her to show up. She jumped on me, literally, with a hug and I was surprised that I managed to still stand on my two feet, clumsy as I was.

"SAMANTHA!" she screamed in my ear. My head automatically pulled back from the pain but the happiness of seeing her took over and I laughed out loud, hugging her.

"I can't believe you're in my arms after five years!" I screamed as she jumped back down on the ground again. "And that you just made me deaf on my right ear."

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you?! I could barely sleep! Skype is so not helpful; look at you! You've become a freaking model!"

"Thank you and look at you! You look so freaking hot!" I laughed. "Aaron must be ecstatic that you're his mate."

"Oh my, we have so much to talk about! So much has happened but at the same time so little! But first, go say hi to Uncle John," Arianna said, chuckling. As she said his name, my mind immediately came back to the reality that I had come back after five years and I hadn't seen my Uncle John (A/N: not her real uncle, her father's best friend, like it says in the beginning).