t w o

F O U R - Y E A R S - E A R L I E R

2 : 5 5 P M - J U N E - 2 0 1 4

Simon's anxiety increased by the second as he sat on his windowsill. His conscious seemed to have vanished as he was trapped in a cycle of agitating thoughts putting him off the excitement that others would usually beg for. His hand clenched item tightly due to his paranoia that was circling his stomach, he was overcome by a perception of unwanted nausea. Yet he knew the situation was either going to be bitter or sweet. It could break them or it could add an aspect of contentment to their lives. All Simon could do was force his hopefulness as he waited for the front door to click at roughly five'o'clock. He craved god for a positive reaction or at least acceptance. The blonde knew Josh loved him but he was lacking certainty at the facts.

So when he heard the door open at exactly five-fifteen he couldn't disconnect the feeling of both sudden and long-term terror. He flinched and allowed a release of his stress full sigh. "I'm home Si!" the bearded man responded shortly after slamming the door shut. He was cheerful, joyful, Simon didn't want to have to ruin that but he knew that he would regret his silence about it later on. "Si?" At the lack of response, his joyous mood seemed to drain like an emptying sink. Too late now Simon thought to himself as he heard the heavy footsteps approach the living room. "What's the matter, baby boy?" Josh questioned curiously as he quickly travelled over to the other. "J-Joshy... I-I- Fuck this is really really hard to say." Simon was cracking under pressure. A number of times he'd rehearsed this same moment in the last couple of hours at the mirror didn't seem to matter anymore. "Whatever you need to tell me, Simon, just know that no matter what's happened, I will always love you with all my heart and that I won't leave your side unless you desperately want me to." his voice was soft like smooth silk, it seemed to engulf the blonde into a warm blanket of honesty.

"W-Well- I-" Simon conceded defeat when he failed to get out his words normally. So, he just squeezed his eyes shut and handed the item, in which the grip was now loosened, to Josh. He waited without his vision. Expecting conflict, any sort. Perhaps shouting or maybe even a harsh slap to the face. Instead, he opened his eyes to Josh smiling brightly and bouncing his feet on the spot. "Oh my god! Y-You're pregnant-" "Josh I-" The younger boys words were cut off when he was all of a sudden he was lifted off his little place of darkness and into the light. Josh spun him round in the air, lifting him by his bony hips, before lowering him onto his lips. Ending with a soft and passionate kiss. "This is absolutely amazing!" "You're alright with it?" a slight condition of extreme relief came over the blonde all of a sudden "Of course I fucking am! I love you so much!" he bent down so he was hovering over the stomach of the other. He wrapped his arms around Simon's waist and coated his currently flat stomach with small light kisses. "And I love you too!" he continued referring to the little life that was to expand over the next upcoming months.

"Baby-" Josh was about to proceed with his speech then Simon interrupted, but not rudely. "Casey." he spoke simple, his blue eyes had a gorgeous alluring glow to them as he was utterly grateful for such a loving and devoted partner. "Baby Casey?" Josh questioned "It's a unisex name until we know the sex of the baby and have decided on a name. I thought it would be a good idea to him or her Baby Casey for the time being." Simon spoke shyly not wanting to sound as if he were forcing anything. "I like that idea." Josh smiled and gently kissed his boyfriend on his temple as he pulled him. "It's gonna be so difficult Josh. Money. Time. Sleep-" "Listen to me, it's gonna be a hell of a bumpy journey but we - we are going make it through together. Me, you and baby Casey. As a family."