Introduction

Ever since I was born until I was twelve, I lived what I called a "normal" life, not realizing that it was actually a "perfect" one. I had two loving parents who were always on good terms with each other, I had two older siblings, a twin brother and two younger sibilings and they were all amazing. We had a Golden Retriever named Felix and a small Persian white cat named Mira. We lived in a two story house and went to a proper school.

It was really ideal, with a house full of life and no worry on any of our shoulders. The hardest day of my life was when Felix died. I thought it was the end of the world and I was so upset, unable to imagine life without him.

I look back on that day and scoff.

On 8 December, the year I was 12 of age, there was a snow storm and both my parents died in a car crash. It was a cold night and I remember sitting infront of the heater next to my twin, watching as my older siblings quitely argued about something. They were stressed because our parents should've come back two hours ago.

But they died.

We discovered the day afterwards. I didn't register it properly so I didn't even know how to react, unlike most of my sibilings who burst into tears.

I haven't seen many of our distant relatives because mum always use to tell me that they "weren't like us". I didn't understand her until I actually met them. Dad had two brothers and a sister while mum had two sisters and two brothers and out of all seven, I only met two before.

A week after mum and dad died, it was the first time in my life seeing so many relatives at once. I met Aunt Wilma twice before and Uncle James once but it was my first time ever meeting Uncle Gordon, Uncle Ken, Aunt Penny, Aunt Jasmine and Uncle Sam. None of them looked the least bit friendly. Aunt Penny was crying her eyes out, making incoherent noises and Uncle Gordon was shouting, exclaiming "I swear if you give me any of the kids!" Uncle Ken looked cold and distant, sitting in the far end of the room. Aunt Wilma was demanding a few rules about the inheritance and Uncle James was refusing them. I didn't know what the rest were doing because Jewel dragged me out of the room, taking me upstairs.

Jewel was the eldest sister, seveteen of age, along with her twin Jem. They both had brown hair and green eyes but they weren't identical and they were the kindest, most loving people I knew. They cared a lot about all of us and did everything to help us. Jem was my role model, he loved video gaming and he looked so cool with his black clothes, yelling at a TV screen with his bangs tied to stay out of his face. I loved sitting beside him for hours, just watching him. He was the calmest upon recieving the news about our parents death, hugging Jewel who burst into tears. He took care of all of us but I knew he cried. I woke up from a nightmare that same day and I went to his room for comfort, like always, only to find him cursing loudly and crying. It was a scenario I can never get out of my head.

My twin brother was Jun and we were identical twins. The only difference between us was that I had dark blonde hair and he had light brown hair, other than that, we had the same green eyes, same skin tone, same height and the same facial features. We were inseparable, almost always holding each other's hands. We slept on the same bed, shared the same clothes and did all activities together. It was impossible to separate us.

At least it seemed impossible.

After Jun and I was Robin. He was younger than us with one year and he had dark black hair and black eyes. Being an autistic boy, he was the most one of us attached to mum and dad and was the most one affected by their death. For the entire week until my relatives come, he didn't speak one word. I don't know if he spoke afterwards because I haven't seen him since that day.

Last but not least was little Mia. She was six and she didn't understand what happened until three days later of asking 'Where is mum? Where is dad?', I snapped at her, telling her that they're not coming and that they're never coming ever again. She cried. She cried and cried until she slept. Then, when she woke up, she cried again.