C21 - I won't stop wanting to be your friend

---

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask Yoongi who is slowly sipping his orange drink across the table and sending me smiles every so often that I find quite amusing, but unnecessary.

(Is he always this smiley, or – I don't mean to pry – is it because I'm around?)

I secretly glance down at the watch attached on my wrist to see what time it is now, to see if I'm late for my appointment with Jimin (and probably will get kicked on the ass if I really am).

There's still 10 minutes left so I sigh, letting my eyes dart ahead, to Yoongi who's still grinning from ear to ear.

"This afternoon," he says, "the boys are playing basketball." He shakes the drink in his hand and sips at the straw. "I'm just wondering if you wanna join us?"

I think for a bit.

"Basketball?" I ask myself, staring up at the ceiling.

To be honest, I've never played basketball or any sports at home before. I never had the chance.

But I watched some games on the telly so it's no new thing to me. I mean, I'm not really ignorant about it.

Yoongi is still looking at me with expectant eyes and anticipating fingers tapping patiently onto the table.

"Sure," I finally say, breaking out into a huge grin for him to see I'm serious. "That sounds fun."

He nods and removes the straw from his cup and drinks from it.

"It's a deal then," he says and stands, fixing his crumpled white top. "I'll see you this afternoon. And..." He shakes his head and chuckles. "... be really there."

I bite my lip, flashbacks of last night showing right before my eyes.

Of me ditching Yoongi.

I just nod and give him a thumbs up. "I will. I promise."

"One more thing," he says, turning on his white sneakers, looking over at his shoulder, "you're on my team."

"Okay," I say and nod again. "Who's our opponent then?"

He smirks and now looks ahead, back facing me, chuckling to himself.

"Hoseok's team," he replies that has my jaw dropping. Good thing he doesn't see me.

Why the heck is Hoseok gonna be our opponent?

Isn't he, like, Yoongi's cousin?

I close my mouth and pretend to laugh.

"Haha. That would be fun," I say with forced enthusiasm.

"I know, right?" Yoongi says and starts walking away, pocketing the straw in his left pocket. "See you."

I wave at him even though he can't see me.

"Yeah..." I say. "See you."

When he's finally gone, I slump back on my chair and fold my arms.

What do I know about Basketball?

What do I do during the game?

Sure, I should follow what I saw on the television, follow what those players did – dribble, pass, shoot.

But this is live; happening in my actual world.

And there's one more problem. Hoseok is on the opposite team.