Erwin x Captain! Reader: The Explanation (Part one)

Captain (F/n) (l/n) stormed down the halls of the Palace. I was given the bad news by the doctor only an hour ago. I have cancer. I had pleaded with the doctor to keep the details of the diagnosis secret and to "fudge" my life expectancy a little. Dr Huston was a friend of mine so he agreed. I had 5-10 years as it wasn't an aggressive form of cancer but I had convinced the doctor to to say that I could be dead within a year. He has seen me come in with bruises, broken bones, burns, on the edge of starvation, and all types of other injuries in my time at the palace. He has even had to resuscitate me a couple of times when the King got a bit too carried away. So, thank god, he was willing to help me.

Really the news was not good but this was the opportunity I had been waiting for for years and I was determined to take advantage of it, to return to the love of my life and apologies for breaking his heart all those years ago. Even if he didn't want to speak to me again I needed to tell him my side of the story. I owed him that much.

I had been friends with Erwin through our training and he confessed his feelings to me on the day of our graduation. In truth I had loved him from the first day I had met him but I never said a thing to him. I didn't want to distract him from our training. But when he confesses he loved me I was the happiest person within the walls. Until later that night I was noticed by the King who happened to be conferring this years graduates. He blackmailed me into joining the military police and becoming "his property" but that is all about to change.

I stop out the front of the King's chamber and took a deep breath. This was going to have to be the performance of a lifetime.

I knocked on the door and waited for my reply.
"Enter (f/n)" I heard the King command, he was expecting me. The doctor must have just informed him of my diagnosis. I opened the door and closed it behind me. When I looked over at the King he seemed distracted trying to focus on some parchment he had in his hands. He always does this when he is nervous or upset.

I took a deep breath and walked over to him.

"My King..." my voice trailed off and I didn't make eye contact. I looked at the ground hoping my plan would work.

"I know, I know (f/n), Dr. Huston just informed me" the King said still distracted by his parchment. Looking at his hands trying not to look at me.

"I am sorry my King, it looks like I won't be yours for much longer, but..." I looked up at him to see if I had his attention. I caught his black eyes with my (e/c) eyes. " I don't want to embarrass you or cause you any pain so I have an idea, if you highness approves that is." I'll make it sound like it's his idea.

The King shifted in his seat and sat up. It looked like he was interested in what I had to say.

"Go on." He was interested bingo first hurdle overcome.

"Well it looks like the reason I have been so unwell lately is due to my cancer" part truth but part lie. I knew something was wrong but I played it up to get some much needed time off. "So I was thinking instead of staying here and you having to watch me die a slow and ugly death..." the King was all about beautiful things. "...I thought you could send me to the Scout Regiment. That way I would die a quick and glorious death that you could tell all your beautiful girls that you lost one of your brave girls to the Titans and they would be in awe your strength and courage to continue on under such circumstances." I gave him a sympathetic look and his expression softened as he thought it through. "You wouldn't have to watch me go downhill and it would look better for you than having someone in the court die of an illness. That wouldn't do your reputation any good and I wouldn't want I hurt you." I bowed my head and looked an the ground as I let a tear escape down my cheek. I was so nervous and emotional but determined to make this plan work.