Erwin x Captian! Reader: The Explanation (Part Two)

Here goes nothing

* knock knock*

I held my breath

"Name and business" A voice said from behind the door. I took a deep breath.

"Captain (L/n) from the Military Police with transfer orders Sir." I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, my hands were shaking waiting for a response which seemed to take forever.

"Come in" finally the voice said from behind the door. I slowly opened the door and looked up at the man sitting at the desk. My heart skipped a beat. There was Erwin Smith, the man I had loved for so many years. He was signing papers on his desk as I walked over to him. His face was worn and tired but he was the same Erwin I knew from training, it's just life had taken its toll. I was not surprised, being In the scout regiment would do that to you let alone being the Commender of the scout regiment. A tinge of sadness crossed my face as I watched him. The expression on his face, the way he held himself, the look in his eyes. He has been through hell and all I wanted to do was throw myself into his arms but I couldn't.

"Captain (L/n)? I don't remember seeing any transfer ord..." he started but then looked up and saw who was standing in front of him. His beautiful blue eyes stared right into my (e/c) eyes. His expression was shock and I was searching his eyes frantically for something else, something softer but I found nothing.

"Hi" is all I could get out and it was almost a whisper. I managed a faint smile but I was too overwhelmed.

"(F/n)..." he paused a mix of emotions running over his face too quickly for me to keep up. Then suddenly his face turned back to the harsh face he had worn before when he was concentrating on his paperwork. My heart sank. That was my queue to hand over my transfer papers.

"My Transfer was approved by the King yesterday" I held out the papers sealed with the stamp of the King for Erwin to take. My hands were not so steady and I did my best to keep them from shaking. Erwin hesitated before taking the papers, his hand lightly brushing my fingers as he took the papers. It was like lightning dancing across my skin where his fingers had touches mine. I slowly dropped my hand as he reads the papers and the strange little note from the King telling Erwin to make sure my death is an Honorable one but luckily for me the King didn't mention my illness. My medical records could take a month to be transferred so I have time to talk to Erwin before dropping the bad news.

"What is the meaning of all this" Erwin looked less than impressed tossing the papers down on his desk.

"They are transfer ord..." I start to say but Erwin cuts me off by slamming his hand down on his desk and making me jump.

"Cut the crap (f/n), what is this really about? Are you back to gloat about the cushy life in the interior or did you make someone mad and this is your punishment. Or maybe you wanted to get a taste of the action before turning tail and retreating back behind wall Sina" He pinches the top of his nose and sighs not looking at me.

By this point my blood is boiling how dare he! I can't contain my emotions any more. If he wants an argument he is going to get one and I came fully prepared. He isn't the only one that has gone through hell and came out the other side stronger than ever.

"Are you done with the mud slinging Commander? Because I assure you my reasons for being here are genuine." His eyes snapped up to mine in shock. He opened his mouth to say something but I was not finished. "You weren't the only one to lose something the night of our graduation, I lost my future, what little freedom I had and on top of that I lost the love of my life" hot tears were making their way down my cheeks but I didn't care. I looked straight into Erwin's blue eyes. "So don't you dare accuse me of living the "cushy" life in the interior because I have been fighting every day of my life to get back here... to see you... to explain..." my confidence starts to waiver as I drop my gaze to the floor. Tears were flowing freely down my face at this point.