Hyungwon - Tell Him

Chae Hyungwon
------------------------

F(x) - 4 WALLS

You eagerly knocked on your boyfriend, Hyungwon's door. You could hear his quick footsteps approaching the door, and he opened it with a smile.

"Happy birthday to you~" You continued to serenade him with a cute rendition of 'Happy Birthday'.

"Aww, thank you Y/N!" He chuckled, hugging you.

"Oh, your present!" You remembered passing him the wrapped up box. He ripped it open, excited about what he'd find inside.

"A Seiko watch! I love it." He kissed you sweetly on the cheek with a smile.

"Well I need to get back now-"

"Already, don't you want to come in?" He interrogated, holding your shoulder, his face changing swiftly to a worried expression.

"My dad will be home soon, I didn't tell him I came," you answered dropping your head down.

"You still haven't told him about us, have you?" He pressed his lips together, holding his frustration in.

"Yeah, I will-"

"No you won't. How long has it been since we've been together 2 years? I think I've waited a long time for you to tell him, and heard a lot of 'I will' during that time. Y/N, when you get home, please tell him, I don't want to have to sneak out to places with you so your dad doesn't find out, I want all suffering to end today," he pleaded with his hands bound together.

"Okay then, goodbye Hyungwon, have a nice birthday." You walked away from the door and made your way home, thinking of all the things you both had to sacrifice to be together. Your mum was your best friend, if she was here, you would have no hesitation to tell her about your relationship, but she had left a few years ago due to your dad wasting money on stupid things, luckily your dad is financially fine now and has learnt from his mistake, on the other hand, it came with the consequence of losing your mum.

------------------

You twisted the key in to your house. Your dad was seated on the couch watching a game of football.

"Dad, I'm back," you announced kicking your shoes off. You were going to open your mouth about that topic, but excused the thought and headed for your bedroom.

"I called Tami, she said it isn't her birthday for months, did you go see that guy again?" He asked, shifting his body your way.

"Yes I did," you mumbled, feeling guilty.

"I didn't catch that."

"Yes I did, and he is my boyfriend. I'm sorry I had to hide it from you, but I was scared. We met 2 years after mum left, I didn't know how you would react, or if you moved on, so I decided to keep it to myself," you added confidently, walking closer to your dad.

"Y/N, you didn't have to worry. I knew I was a stupid man before making ridiculous decisions, but after the woman I loved the most left me, I realised that I have to cherish the people with me now before they leave. I will support you as much as I can, but first, I need to meet this lucky gentleman." You hugged your dad full of happiness, as what you least expected just happened.

--------------------

You were walking through the streets with Hyungwon, your arms linked with his, telling him everything that happened.

"So what did he say?" Hyungwon asked, sipping on his iced coffee.

"He said he will support us, but he wants to meet you first!" You quoted, jumping up and down in joy.

"Stop of Y/N, people are staring," he murmured, trying to stop you.

"Sorry I'm just so happy, like that was the last thing I was expecting to come out of his mouth," you chuckled, leaning your head on his arm. He moved your hair behind your ear and ad kissed your forehead.