Chapter 3

Both Zero and Akito found themselves walking to the Hunters Association both of them were silent on the way there, just the mere thought of Ichiru being there made their hearts get filled with hope. Despite the fact Ichiru left with the women who killed their parents they knew Ichiru went with her for some sort of reason.

A reason that Zero and Akito both would find out soon.

"If we see him...what should we do?" Akito asked.
"Not sure..." Zero sighed.
"Then again there's no saying I might not be able to hold back..." Akito mumbled.

It was true she might not be able to hold back in shouting at him for wanting a reason as to why he left with the women who ruined their lives, turned Zero and herself.
Akito felt betrayed when he didn't do much when Shizuka turned her into this blood sucking monster, she thought he still cared for her over the years.

Zero sighed as he knew what his little sister was feeling right now, he saw the hurt in her eyes that night when Ichiru left with that women. Akito had always loved her family dearly, for her family was what always came first.

With the fact that Akito was closing off on him by staying silent again Zero decided to just not talk about it. This mission would be a lot of work and would also test the emotions in both Kiryus. It would test how much they can hold back their hate for vampires or the need to find Ichiru again.

Zero had always thought Ichiru had died since there wasn't a trace of him after the deaths of their parents, but Akito would shout at him saying he was an idiot for saying it and that they should still be looking. Those moments it broke Zero's heart to see his little sister to be that heartbroken.

No doubt their pasts still haunted her, it was like everyday it torched her mind. Odd times Zero would wake up to her screams of her nightmares comforting her would be one thing but if she was scared enough he'd lay with her until she fell asleep before returning to his room.

"Well let's go inside now." Zero sighed.
"Yeah..." Akito mumbled.

Walking inside both Kiryu siblings were heading to the presidents, feeling like this new mission might just drive them insane or crush their hearts if Akitos theory was correct.

"Ahh your both back, enjoy your day off?" The president smiled.
"Can we hear our mission already?" Akito sighed.
"Yes yes, okay so as you know a bunch of high class vampires are grouping for a party. You two are to watch them and make sure nothing goes wrong." He explained.
"Sure thing." Zero replied.
"Wear something other then regular cloths, it would be better to dress up a little bit to guard them and fit in." He explained once more.

Fit in?! Is this fool crazy?! The Kiryus hate vampires!! And they expect them to 'fit in' with a bunch of them?! That's like saying there noticed as one of those beasts in human form. A total insult to them both.

But they both would be doing the job anyways, and since it was not until later they would have enough time to go shopping for some more food. Waking out both of them headed to the store.

"Hey lets get some strawberries...they are your favourite right?" Zero asked.
"Yeah they are." Akito nodded.

Zero nodded and got a shopping cart, placing some of the main stuff they get in the cart they also decided to pick out a few things of extra like some snacks. Most likely like, chips, pocky and other stuff, like fruit most likely strawberries.

Standing in line Zero ended up glaring at a guy would was smirking at his little sister, once that glare was seen the guy quickly turned away. Zero surely didn't like guys hitting on his little sister and would always scare the guys off, then again Akito wasn't interested in the beginning.

As they were going back home Zero started to scold his little sister from letting guys like that flirt with her.

"Why do you let that happen?!" Zero asked.
"I don't, besides its gross." Akito scoffed.
"You don't see anything though!" Zero groaned.
"I thought it would prove I'm not interested if I ignored them?" Akito mumbled.

Sighing Zero didn't question his little sisters response, she wasn't all that known for falling in love with someone since she didn't have a boyfriend before....then again Zero always chases the guys away.

"I'm not into wanting a relationship, it will just get in my way of work." Akito said coldly.
"You sure?" Zero asked.
"Yeah." Akito nodded.

Frowning Zero didn't really want to deny his little sister from happiness but he still had to be an older brother to her, as of right now she was all he got. If Ichiru were to be found then he'd be back in their lives and they'd have him as well.

The rest of the walk back was silent as both siblings held bags in their hands, once arrived Akito closed the door behind them with her foot, locking it and took her bags into the kitchen and placed them down, sighing she first took off her coat then had started to put the food away.

Zero soon helped when his share of the bags were placed down, now they would be set it the rest of the month. They usually bought a good amount of eat food product do that they would have a bit after a while. It was just how Akito wanted it since they didn't have the time to actually go out a lot for more food considering their jobs.

"You going to have your hair up and fancy?" Zero asked.
"No..you know I'm not like that. I'll be going with it up only." Akito replied with.
"In a dress huh?" Zero asked.
"I'm not wearing it on my own free will okay? The president asked us to dress up and fit in." Akito sighed.

Zero knew of the anger and annoyance that the President had used such words towards them, they were known in that building of how much hatred they held for vampires.

Sadly they were vampires themselves, and this time Zero was going through one of his hunger fazes. Akito caught on quickly and kneeled down to her knees and hugged him in close. If he did something like this before to her she would return the favour.

"It's okay brother, I'm here to fight it with you." Akito whispered.

It took a few minutes before Zero was sitting on the kitchen floor panting from the pain of the hunger their vampire side needed.

"Are you okay now?" Akito asked worried.
"Yeah...lets just finish this." Zero nodded.
"Alright but if you need a break take one." Akito told him.

Zero silently nodded and helped his sister with everything, apparently it caused time to fly that he spent it all with Akito that it was soon to be time for that party.

"Looks like we better get going." Zero sighed.
"Damn...I hate this mission so much." Akito mumbled.
"You and me both." Zero agreed.

Akito felt uncomfortable in the outfit she was to wear to the stupid party for vampires. Of course the two Kiryus had to watch over it and sadly were put on different sides of the room.

It was orders they had to take and follow, Akito looked around and made sure that none of them where acting out of line. But also she was more secretly looking for Ichiru.

Music played in the room both Kiryu siblings looked around their lavender eyes watched everything around them. Akito could sense many purebloods in the room, also some lower class vampires and it made her so uncomfortable. Hearing a girls giggle Akito looked to her left and saw a shorter girl smiling at her a male behind her with a mask over his eyes.

Considering both Zero and Akito had a 'blood bond' with Shizuka she knew that this girl smiling at her was indeed the women who killed their parents and took Ichiru.

Giggling the girl skipped away which lead to Akito to following her, Zero blinked when he saw his little sister leave her post of where she was told to watch. Before he could step out of his own post he heard a clear familiar voice behind him.

"Now now Zero, shouldn't you stay and keep watch?" The voice asked.
"Ichiru...." Zero mumbled turning around seeing his twin brother.