Chapter 6: Just Like Riding A Bike

Chapter 6

Harper

My hands were shaking as I walked into the small house.

I crossed my fingers as I navigated my way through the people in search of Kelly and Anna.

If anyone threw up I was out of here.

The party was at a small ranch house in the middle of a spread out suburban area.

It was mostly outside but I'd been looking out there for the girls for ages and couldn't find them.

I'd avoided all football players, not taking any chances that I'd run into Noah.

"Harper!" Someone said excitedly.

I spun around to find the source of my name, letting out a sigh of relief as I was beckoned over to Kelley and Anna.

"Why weren't you at the game?" Anna asked with a pout.

"Like I want to see that." I grimaced.

"Hey!" Someone behind them protested.

"Rude!" The other guy said.

I glanced up to find Roy and Mick, both with beers in their hands, standing behind the girls.

My stomach twisted as I saw who was next to them.

Looking uncomfortably sober, nauseous, and slightly angry was none other than the one person I wanted to avoid: Noah.

"Don't mind him, he's been weird all day." Roy laughed, brushing off Noah's odd behavior.

Noah looked annoyed and all I wanted to do was ask him what was wrong.

I quickly pushed the thought away, resisting the urge to succumb to these dumb feelings.

It's not like I still had any affection for him, right?

I turned away from him, forcing a smile on my face as I looked at Kelley and Anna.

"So! Want a drink?" Kelly asked happily.

"No, sorry, I don't drink." I replied, shaking my head.

Kelly glanced at Anna and both of them nodded.

"Suit yourself." Anna shrugged, taking a sip of whatever she was having. "Roy." She said, grabbing the guy's hand before pulling him away from the group.

"Whipped." Noah shook his head, leaning against the back of the couch.

Mick lat out a laugh and Kelly rolled her eyes.

"Just because you have no emotional capacity to actually feel something for a girl doesn't mean every single guy is like you." Kelly shot at him, a smirk forming on her lips.

Noah looked amused while Mick started laughing.

I was trying to stay engaged, wondering how this was at all relevant.

Since when did Noah not have any emotional capacity?

"That was uncalled for, Ms. Rogers." Noah gave Kelly a look.

Kelly just winked, turning to face me.

"So, are you dating anyone? Or are you game for whoever might come looking?" Kelly asked happily.

I let out a laugh.

"No, no I am not dating anyone." I shook my head. "And I'm not game for anyone either."

"No?" Kelly raised her eyebrows. "Bad breakup?"

"Understatement." I shook my head, taking a daring glance at Noah.