it takes and it takes and it takes

8 years later

"Mom! I'm starting the 2nd grade!"

"I know that! I'm just worried. That's all."

"I will be fine on my own! I am now this much!" Belle stuck out 7 fingers at her mother.

Phillipa chuckled, "Okay then, be good in school!"

"I will!" she did a small twirl in her blue uniform as she skipped off into the bus.

Phillipa smiled fondly at her child, she looked at her watch. She quickly slipped in in a navy skater dress, reapplied her red lip, grabbed the keys and left the house.

»»————-  ————-««

Phillipa pulled up to the parking lot and started walking towards the entrance in her matching heels.
When she spotted Lin and Vanessa.

She muttered a few cuss words under her breath. Considering that the last time she saw Lin was the last time they had sex.

They still talked of course, over happy birthday tweets and an occasional text, but...

Quickly, she walked inside and found her date in a casual shirt & pants.

"Hi James!" he turned his head and looked at her.

"Pippa, you look lovely as always."

She tucked her hair under her ear and sat down facing the door.

"Thank you, James, as so you."

The door opened and Vanessa turns her head to see a familiar face. She tilted her head and let out a squeal.

"Oh my god Lin! It's Pippa!"

He raised his eyebrows and turned his head towards the direction his wife was facing.

Phillipa didn't seem to have any other choice but to turn around, act surprised, and smile.

"Oh my gosh! Vanessa, Lin! Long time no see!"

"It felt like an eternity! Who is this man right here?" Vanessa looked over Phillipa's shoulder to spot a handsome man, he looked like he was in his thirties and had vibrant blue eyes and a strong jawline.

Pippa raised an eyebrow, "Him? That's Pierre," she looked over her shoulder and smiled sweetly.

"Hello," he flashed a smile and then looked up to Lin. "May you introduce me to your...?"

"Oh! That's Lin, my husband! Lin, come introduce yourself!"

Lin nodded his head and walked up to James, taking his firm open hand in a handshake.

James smiled, "Lin Manuel Miranda! I absolutely love your work. You're a true genius!"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you sir!" Lin replied in his own usual adorable way James gave a small chuckle.

Pippa sighed contently while looking at Lin. Hoping nobody would notice, she quickly looked away. It's been years since she had last seen Lin, but he still managed make her head spin and stomach flutter just standing there.

How could you not love Lin?

She felt a pang of envy as she looked at Vanessa. What a lucky woman.

Dark skin, curly wild hair, curves in all the right places.

Phillipa looked at her chest. Suddenly she felt self-conscious. She didn't look like Vanessa at all. They may as well be considered opposites.

Vanessa then looked at her husband. "You and Lin have not seen each other since like.. forever! Lin has not been out for the past 2 days. C'mon and invite Phillipa and the cast to a reunion!"

Lin's eyes then brightened, "Really? The entire cast! I'll text everyone!"

Phillipa loved seeing Lin happy, she loved watching his eyes light up and his gears start turning. This is going to be exciting.