Prologue

My vision blurred as I stumbled along the well-worn path. I slipped slowly in and out of conciousness while sluggishly dragging my feet in the dirt. My magic levels were dangerously low and my wounds were too deep. I collapsed on the side of the path onto the rocks and dirt. I screamed at the pain of the gravel and dust in my cuts, My blood was everywhere, seeping into the dry soil and I felt drowsier every second.

"Help!" I tried to scream, but all that came out was a faint whisper.

"Help! Please!" I tired again, but to no avail. I yelled in frustration and pain. 

"No... no... not again." I muttered. That was the last thing I remember. Then, there was darkness and my nightmares began.

*Flashback*

"Mom! Dad! Don't go! Please don't go! Don't leave me alone!" I pleaded with my parents.

"You'll be fine. I promise, we promise." My mom tried to reassure me. She gave me a kiss on my forehead and spoke sofly saying," I love you. I'll always love you my little fairy." 

My dad bendt down and kissed me on the cheeks. He made a sliver bracelet with a symbol on it that matched his and mom's tatoos and had  dozens of small charms on it using his magic. My mom created jewels and decorated the bracelet and spoke some spells aloud as she place them on it and fastened it onto my wrist. 

"Momma! Daddy! We match!" I said giddily forgetting why I was pleading before.

My dad looked at me sadly and my mom opened her mouth to speak, but it was my dad who replied saying,"This represents a special place. A place where there are lots of wizards, just like your mom and I. There are a lot of strong people there. If.. If your mom and I don't - don't come back, it will show you the way, okay? Just follow it and trust your heart always." He kissed me on the cheeks again with tears in his eyes.

I was confused and I looked down at the charm bracelet, how was a bracelet supposed to lead me anywhere? Then I thought about what he said. He said they might not come back.

"Why wouldn't you come back daddy? You and momma are the strongest wizards ever!"

"There are plenty of wizards stronger than I am, and even your mom. Someday, you'll be one of them. I'm sorry, pixie, but we have to go. I love you." he answered and grabbed my mom's hand as the walked off towards that... towards that demon. My mom looked back quickly and I could see the tears stream down her face as she turned away and continued moving farther and farther from me.

"No! No!!" I cried out to them as I sprinted to catch up with my parents. I tripped over some of the rubble that used to be our house and fell, sobbing. My parents were going to die by the hands of that monster, Deliora. Even they had ammitted they weren't strong enough. They said they weren't coming back. All I could do was watch.

My mom was the first to reach Deliora. She used her crystal mako magic to create a barrier around the monster. My dad used his metal mako magic to attack it. Deliora smashed their attacks and hit my parents, sending them flying. My dad took the worst hit because he grabbed my mom and shielded her from the impact of hitting the wreckage that used to be my city, our city. I couldn't stop sobbing. Tears blocked my sight and all I could hear was my mother's cry of anguish and I knew that my dad wasn't moving, that my dad was dead. She glowed and rushed towards Deliora yelling at the demon who was tearing my family apart. Her magic created crystals that encased the demon. It roared and raged until it broke free, charging at the fallen body of my mother. I turned away and fell to my knees crying. My hair was soaked with tears and I lay in the rubble until I finally was able to achieve griefed sleep. 

I woke up as the demon raged on towards another town, another city filled with innocent people. I raised my hands and tried to yell at it to stop, to stop hurting so many people. That was when she found me. My second mom, my dragon; Aethelinda.

"I see Deliora has made his way through, again." a voice said. My head turned and I gaped at what I saw. A blue dragon with silver scales shimmering stood in the shambles of my town. 

"You'r - you're a dragon!" I exclaimed in shock.

She, or at least I thought it was a she, laughed and picked me up. She looked at me oddly, as if sizing me up.

"I'm Aethelinda, the water dragon. Now tell me, child, what happened here?" she asked and I told her the story. I couldn't help, but cry at the end, but she held me tight.

"You poor dear. What is your name?"

"Fae. Fae Amaya." I choked out in between the tears. 

"Well, my little fairy, would you like to stay with me?" 

I thought about it for a moment, but it felt right, and I was too scared to go anywhere else.

"Yes." 

Once I said that it began. She took me in as her own child and taught me. She taught me all sorts of things. She was a kind teacher, but was really rough sometimes too. The way she taught was a little.. unorthodox. She said I had to become 'one' with the water, whether the water was cold or extremely hot. Which left me with an unfortunate  habit of stripping down to my swimsuit. A lot. Then one day, she disappeared. July 7. Once again I was left alone. I continued training, and learning what I could. Then, 7 years later, I went to find the place my dad talked about. I went to find fairy tail.

*End Flashback*