Chapter 11

HEY YOU GUYS. WELL AS YOU HAVE ALL BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING FOR, HERE IS THE NEW CHAPTER! IT TOOK ME SOME TIME TO FIGURE OUT THE DIRECTION I WANTED TO TAKE WITH THE PLOT, BUT HERE IT IS.   IT IS A LITTLE BIT SHORTER THAN THE OTHER CHAPTERS BUT TRUST ME IT IS WELL WORTH IT.  I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK! LIKE AND COMMENT =)

CHAPTER 11

8:13.  That was the current time and I could not help but wonder was I making a mistake.  Was I acting on emotions or just what my mind was telling me?  With that thought in my head i took a deep breath and called Darren.  Within three rings he picked up.

“Hello.” said Darren.

“Hey.” I replied weakly.

After tryouts, I had received a reply from Darren, and he did agree to talk on the phone tonight.  Deep down he must of still cared about me because I do not know any other guy who would do what he is doing right now after everything that has happened.

“What’s up?” he asked.

“Nothing much.  I’m waiting for the cheerleading squad to be posted.”

“Oh.” he said shortly.

I started off with trying to make small talk, however I do not think it was working much on my behalf.  He barely was answering me.

“Listen um..” I trailed off.

“Mel don’t worry about it.” he spoke.

I was shocked.

“Don’t worry about it?” I asked confused.

“Yeah I get it.”

“Get what?” I asked, cause I sure as hell didn’t.

“I understand that you were talking to other guys, we weren’t official or anything.  It just hurt cause I really do like you.”

“But I wasn’t talking to anyone else Darren.” I said to him.

There was a pause on the phone.

“Then who the hell was that guy the other day claiming you?”

“He is just...a friend.” I said hesitantly.

I had no idea who Jacob was to me.  I asked myself this a while ago and couldn’t answer that question even then.  A friend is the only word that came to mind now.