Chapter 13

Little Talks- Chapter Thirteen

Alone. All alone. No one by her side to comfort her. No one to say everything would be okay. She screamed his name as he sent her off into the ocean, letting her go. As Clara travelled along, she felt an explosion ripple through the water. Knowing what is was, she couldn't help but cry until there were no tears left. John had sacrificed his own life to save her. He just wanted her safe...and alive, unlike he was now.

Dr. Simeon closed the phone as he ended the call from his boss. He had just become the proud possessor of eleven million dollars with which he could do anything he liked. Simeon was set for life. He had no remorse and now, not a care in the world.

Clara landed on the shores of Cardiff and had just enough money to buy a ticket for a bus to take her home. Not sure how to tell his parents, she just walked up and blurted it out, but it turns out that they had already found out. No news reports were to be given because as far as most of the world knew, he was already dead for a while. They planned a small, local funeral for friends and family. The explanation was that it was "delayed" due to "autopsy report mix-ups". It was a beautiful service, but John was the only one not present, at his own funeral nonetheless. No one knew that though; it was a closed casket ceremony. Empty, like Clara. No more laughs, no more hugs, no more...well...anything with John. He was never coming back, not this time.

His parents lived life normally, not like they ever saw their son that much when he was alive anyway. Clara tried going back to school, but knowing that John was gone for good practically ruined her life. She stayed home for who knows how long, curled up in her bed, never speaking to anyone, never leaving that one spot. Consistency was the only thing in life that she could control at this point. She lost her friends, her family, and eventually, she lost herself. Nothing could ever fix her. Her heart did not only feel broken, but shattered into billion tiny pieces, ripped from the place in her chest and scattered over the course of time. At least...for now.

That night, Clara had a dream. A dream of those kindergarteners playing 'house' no longer existed. The ' husband' was gone, leaving the 'wife' alone in the home, now dark and dreary. Kneeling on the ground, the little girl picked up an empty container, dirty from a chocolate souffle, and realized that it was her life now, empty and without purpose when a souffle wasn't in it.

AN: For all of you who enjoyed this, there is a sequel in progress that will be called "Somebody That I Used To Know" (See next chapter for a preview...)

Thanks for reading!