Chapter 5

The forest was quiet and serine. Feralstar was at the head of a patrol with Darkshadow by his side. Lightspot's eyes scanned for any rogues. Bravestar nodded to the WolfClan leader. "This just might work." He meowed.
Leopardheart and Dawnreed walked side by side. "Rogues. Don't they have anything better to do than go searching for fights?" Dawnreed muttered.
Flintnose's tail twitched while Stonewhisker bristled slightly.
A bush rustled slightly. Then, a black cat slinked from the shadows along with five other rogues.
"Shadowtuft!" Darkshadow snarled. The tom ignored the deputy. "Get them!" He hissed and they charged for them.
Feralstar growled and pinned him to the ground. He and Lightspot attacked him side by side, claws piercing his flesh. Bravestar went for an orange she-cat, but her eyes were soft. She wasn't attacking like the others at all. Suddenly, she went and charged for a brown tom. She was on their side!
Leopardheart and Dawnreed exchanged a glance then went for a gray rogue tom. The gray tom yowled, "Shadow! They are overpowering us! What should we do?"
"I don't care if they have a dog with them! Keep fighting you badger-heart!" He hissed in reply.
"You can't win! You're outnumbered!" Darkshadow sneered.
"Run away!" Called a voice and they all started to run.
"Cowards!" Shadowtuft spat at them, looking away from the WolfClan, ViperClan, and TimberClan cats.
"Give up Shadowtuft! We know what you've done. You may be able to fool some half trained rogues but not us!" Jaggedtooth snarled. The tom growled at them. Out of nowhere, two cats ran forward. They smelled like rogues again. "More cats?" Mothpaw muttered to Brindlefrost.
"Keep fighting! Do not get separated! Do not let one of them get your neck!" Leopardheart yowled.
They continued fighting. Suddenly, Feralstar turned to see Whitemane in Shadowtuft's claws, trying to wriggle free,. It was Splashfur who wailed out and went in to attack him but the rogues turned tail and fled off. Rainfrost snapped at the tail of one of them. Feralstar examined her. The she-cat panted and tried to stand up, a scratches all along her body. "Feralstar.. it is my time to join Onestar.." she mewed.
"Mom no!" Splashfur wailed. Her sister Rainfrost bowed her head sadly.
"I will wait for your my darlings. Live long a-and be.. be happy.." Their mother mewed weakly.
Splashfur lifted her head up and wailed. Dawnfrost laid beside her. "Not my sister.." he mewed. Lightspot touched his tail to her shoulder.
"We thank you for your assistance. This might be the last time." Feralstar meowed, looking to Bravestar.
"We'll fight however long it takes until there's peace." The TimberClan leader meowed. The tan tabby tom dipped his head in respect to him as he and his cats took Whitemane back to camp.