Chapter Two

Tyler stood next to Melanie, looking into their mirror in the small bathroom. Tyler wore a white button up shirt, with light jeans and some white converse. Melanie however wore a blue flowy dress with yellow flowers and long sleeves. It also had lace cuffs around the wrists, neckline and waistline.

Melanie smiled and turned quickly, watching as her dress flowed from her movements. Tyler watched and chuckled slightly.

There was a knock on the front door, signaling the first guest had arrived. Tyler glanced at Melanie for a moment, taking in her half blonde, half black hair and her gorgeous brown eyes. Voices could be heard from downstairs yelling for the two. Tyler rushed down the stairs and tripped, falling down a few steps until he was at someone's feet. He looked up to see a boy with faded red hair, with a black floral shirt and black skinny jeans. He extended his hand down to Tyler, making the boy blush, but he accepted and stood up anyways.

"Thank you," His voice was barely above a whisper. The boy nodded and smiled gently, not letting go of Tyler's hand.

"I'm Joshua." He introduced, finally dropping Tyler's hand, who was batting his eyes and struggling to get words out. He thought this boy was drop dead gorgeous.

"Uh, Tyler," He breathed out finally. Joshua smiled gently and discreetly winked before walking back to his family, which included his parents and his sister, Halsey, the girl Tyler was supposed to eventually marry. So that's her brother, Tyler thought.

Melanie found herself drifting towards the two siblings, a glass of apple juice in hand. She smiled politely at Halsey, who wore a fitting sequin dress that had black, blue, red, and gold stripes along with a black and gold belt. And she looked beyond amazing.

Tyler awkwardly shuffled over to the group of teenagers, not saying a word. Joshua instantly noticed the boy but didn't bother to interrupt Halsey and Melanie's ongoing conversation.

It was now that Tyler noticed the parents had gone outside together, talking and laughing like life was beyond amazing- which Tyler knew was a lie. His whole family was a fucking mess, but he never desired to let anyone know that.

Joshua nodded towards the direction of the stairs and Tyler responded by walking towards them. Halsey and Melanie took the hint as well, following Tyler upstairs into their separate rooms. Joshua followed Tyler into his small bedroom, sitting on his twin bed and admiring Tyler from afar. He didn't really care what the room looked like, he just cared about the cute boy sitting in front of him.

"So you're supposed to marry my sister?" Joshua desperately tried to start a conversation but it didn't work very well, and Tyler just chuckled in return.

"Yeah, and no offense, but she's not really my type." Tyler bit his lip, waiting for a response. Joshua paused before smiling.

"And no offense, but Melanie isn't my type either." Tyler piped up at this, looking at Joshua with confusion. Melanie was absolutely perfect.

"What is your type then, Joshua?" He pressed on. Joshua gulped and looked out the window- which he couldn't actually see out of- and bit his lip nervously.

"Boys," He answered solemnly. Tyler just smiled in return, holding back a giggle as he spoke.

"I have to agree with you there," He wasn't sure if Joshua could hear him clearly, but by the smile he got in return, Tyler guessed he had heard.

"Oh," Was all that Joshua said. He bit his lip once again, driving Tyler insane. He looked stunning. A smile spread across Joshua's lips as he spoke, "So, what do you look for in a guy?"

"I've never been able to look for one." Tyler admitted quietly. They sat in silence for a quick moment before Joshua was talking once again.

"Why not?" His voice was soft and kind as he spoke. Tyler opened his mouth to speak but quickly clamped it shut, realizing he had almost told him everything. He wasn't able to tell about his life. Hell, he and Melanie had been kidnapped at a young age and were kept with their kidnappers. They were stuck.

Tyler realized it had been a while since Joshua had asked. "I'm supposed to marry Halsey, so I can't look for anyone." He lied, and of course Joshua believed him. He smiled gently,

"Well maybe that'll change someday."

And Tyler felt himself falling for this boy.