Chapter Three

Only stares were exchanged between Joshua and Tyler, the room being everything besides quiet. People were talking to others, saying their goodbyes and giving hugs till the next time. Tyler however didn't feel the need to say goodbye to Joshua, he'd see him soon enough. So, they stood, staring at each other in silence. It was a comfortable silence as Joshua turned to leave, merely giving Melanie a small hug and grabbing Halsey's hand. They walked out the front door together, a group of people following behind them. Melanie waved at them sadly, before walking up the stairs all by herself, waiting for Tyler to join her.

Tyler eventually moved from his spot standing in the living room, up the stairs and into his bedroom. He looked around sadly for a moment, remembering the moments just before Joshua had left. They actually had some interesting topics to talk about- well Joshua did. Tyler's always been stuck inside most of his life, so he never has much to say.

He looked out the window, hoping that tomorrow he could just forget about the bubbly feeling in his chest as he spoke to Joshua. That's all he desired, was to forget that odd feeling in his stomach as he spoke to that damn boy.

As the sun began to set, Tyler changed into his pajamas and laid down on his bed with a sigh. Soon enough, his eyes shut and he fell into a deep sleep.

Tomorrow's a new day.

-

The soft pitter patter of feet running down the hall was heard, making Tyler smile brightly. He knew Melanie was done with her school, she always rushed to him and seemed so proud of herself.

"I finished!" She cheered before throwing a notebook down onto the floor. She quietly sat down next to Tyler, who was sitting at his desk typing out a long essay for school. The sound of his keyboard would echo throughout the room every so often, and it was silent until Melanie piped up. "I'm bored!"

"Then go find something to do, dummy." He smiled, watching as she pouted in return. She shoved him playfully and whined more when he continued to type on his mechanical keyboard. "Hey! I think mom said something about the kitchen needing to be cleaned, why don't you go do that?" Tyler suggested, knowing what her response would be. She clicked her tongue, absentmindedly thinking. She shoved him again, forcing him to let out a squeal of protest and in return almost falling off the chair himself. "Mel!" He cried out, gripping onto her arm to pull himself back up. She giggled, twirling the end of her hair playfully and batting her eyes at him,

"I know you love me." Tyler shook his head jokingly and Melanie pouted, smacking him on the shoulder before standing up and going to her separate bedroom.

He quietly hummed to himself as he typed the last paragraph of his essay and turned it in proudly. Melanie walked back into the room just as he pressed the turn in button, making him jump from his seat.

"Boo." She whispered, grabbing onto Tyler's shoulder's jokingly. Tyler turned around and gently wrapped his arms around Melanie's waist, successfully hugging her.

"I love you, Mel." He whispered tiredly. Melanie smiled,

"I love you too, Ty."