Chapter 13

2 Hours Earlier. . .

"Who's Ella?" I asked curiously.

Jason's jaw clenched.

"The lady at the restaurant? I'm not sure." He played it off. Why was he lying?

"Jason, please don't lie to me. I just want to know." I begged.

"Does it matter?" He asked with a hint of attitude.

"Obviously if you're lying to me then it does!" I pointed out. Jason glared at me.

"Why can't you just stay out of it?" Jason said angrily.

"I think I have a right to know. I am your fiancé." I defended.

"That doesn't mean you get to know every detail about me!" He shouted.

"Why is it that big of a deal?" I yelled back. What was going on?

"I don't even know her!" Jason yelled.

"You're lying! You said it's been a long time since you've seen her!" I said.

"God damn it, Ariel! Why can't you just learn to back off? Maybe I don't want you to be in my business all the time! Why don't you just be a good little princess and clean and cook?" He mused angrily.

I was hurt. Why was he being so mean? It was silent before I spoke.

"I'm going for a walk, I'll be back before supper." I said while getting dressed in my previous outfit.

Jason didn't even meet my eyes. I rolled mine and met Margaret on my way out.

"Dear, where are you off to?" She asked.

"I'm just going for a walk, I should be back in a little while." I promised. Margaret seemed to know that something wasn't right.

"Is everything alright? I heard shouting earlier but I didn't think too much of it." Margaret commented.

"No, everything's alright. But thank you for asking." I said quickly and exited the castle before she could question me further.

Present Time. . .

I had been walking for two hours, and my feet were slightly sore. I wasn't ready to go back yet. I found a small pond and had been sitting there for a while.

Was I rushing into this? Was Jason the right one for me? Of course he was. I knew he was, but was he the safest? What if we ever had children?

They would never be safe. My thoughts were interrupted by someone sitting next to me.

Will.

"Clearing your head?" He suggested.

"What do you want?" I asked rather rudely.

"So many things, but I want you in general." He spoke.

"Will, I don't love you. I love Jason, and I'm not leaving him." I spoke from the heart.

"He can't make you happy! Ariel one of these days that monster will hurt you! Do you want that? Do you think I want that?" He shouted.

"Jason would never hurt me." I tried to assure him.

"Ariel, I love you." His voice sounded so broken and defeated. I felt awful. I caused his pain.

"Will, I care about you, but I love Jason." I said softly, begging him to understand.