Third Prompt

Sorry for being late again. I was at Life, The Universe, and Everything all weekend, so no internet :)

 Food is an integral part of any society. Not only does it shape economics and culture, but the time of day that people eat, and how, changes from society to society and has a huge impact on their cultural schedules. Interestingly, it's an aspect of worldbuilding that is less frequently seen.
Your job is to design three days of standard meals, including what foods are grown, what is factory produced, and how it is distributed. Come up with the raw ingredients, and then design food that is a staple of that society. We traditionally associate Mexico with fajitas and tacos, or India with curry and naan bread. What foods would they frequently eat?

Then, design mealtimes and social conventions for eating. Do they eat in a large group? Are meals individual and on the go? Where do they eat and how? Think about all the small components that go into cultural understanding of food, and create your own!

Other ideas to think about:

Who prepares the food?

How do the poor get food?

Are there restaurants and places to eat out, or is it all at home?

How does socioeconomic status change the way that people eat food?

Is the food gendered?

What do they drink?

Do they eat animals, plants, or both? Or something else entirely?

Are there any groups like vegetarians or vegans in our world?

For other inspiration:

Listen to the Writing Excuses podcast '11 bonus 4' Fantasy Food on writingexcuses.com. It's twenty minutes long, hilarious, and full of ideas and tips on creating fantasy food.