A Sword, Bullets and a Fallen Star

After I leave the café I head home and spend some time doing the odd think like training and sharpening my katana when I check my watch

*16:29 PM*

“I better go now”  I think to myself as I leave my house katana in hand, I walk to the street the note note in the envelope specified, there he stood in a long dark brown trench coat and has longish black curly hair. He’s holding a small rubber ball in his left hand and a pistol in the other.

“A kid? What, have all the others got better things to do?” he asks but before I could reply he starts to open fire at me, I appear behind him and draw my katana but he manages to hear me. I take the opportunity to slash the ball in half.  

“Smart, limiting the use of my ability…” He says as he quickly retaliates by turning around and starting to shoot again whilst saying

“A teleporter?” he says as I move to the side of him ready to deliver a deadly blow when suddenly he begins to glow. I look to where I was all the bullets he shot stuck in the air when I see in the corner of my eye, he nods, the bullets turn quickly and fly at me. I raise my glowing hand towards the bullets creating a shockwave making the bullets totally miss me and hit the surrounding walls. A smile appears on the man’s face as he talks to me again.

“No not a teleporter, you just make the air around you vibrate and make a shockwave didn’t yo…”

I lunge my sword into his stomach and twist upwards as he speaks causing blood to fall from his mouth, he falls to the floor, as he does he glows again, I can feel myself slowly been pushed back! As I realise I quickly stab my sword into his torso killing him almost instantly. His glow slowly fades, I look up into the sky, and even in the daylight you can faintly see the stars today, there it was just above the horizon his start falls signifying the end of a contractor’s life.

I put my katana back into its scabbard as I’m startled by a familiar voice.

“Hey! You can’t just go round killing people ya know” I look up to one of the nearby buildings, its Misa! She leaps off the building glowing allowing herself to fall slowly down in front of me and I begin to write in my notebook.

Adrian Maus: Deceased

“Hey what cha got there?” she asks and she produces as flask from her belt

“It’s my price” I say as I look up to see her drinking tea with one hand while offering me a cup with the other.” Come on drink up it I’ll get cold” she says as she shoves the cup closer to my face.

“Thanks” I say as I take the cup from her small smooth hand. She smiles at me as I drink from the cup.

“So you do this often? I-I mean kill people not drink tea” she asks as she turns to see Adrian’s body still lying on the floor.

“Depends on the pay” I reply.

“Well this was fun, I never knew other contractors had such interesting lives” she says as she glows again allowing herself to float off into the sky.

I watch her fly away and once I couldn’t see her anymore I head home. On my way back I place the brown envelope inside a deep crack on one of the walls, the envelope is almost instantaneously taken by a man waking the opposite direction.

I arrive home to be met with another envelope waiting for me on the kitchen table….