A Predictable Outcome Turns Strange

As I walk away from the café and the destruction and debris from my fight I take out my note pad and jot down some notes…

September 9

Deceased

Ability: Enhancement of senses and reaction time

Obeisance: Tapping objects

As I finish writing I look up to see Elise, a glad look on her face as her expression rises as mine drops

“Why are you here? You almost got me killed.” I say in a firm voice as I approach her while I knock the dust off myself.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I didn’t think I’d… I’d” She stutters as the smile on her face disappears

“Didn’t think you would what? Eh.” I ask as I stand face to face with her.

“Love You!” She yells in my face as tears begin to flow from her face. Her head falls down as she embraces me, wrapping her arms around me when suddenly I hear a voice from behind me, it’s a man’s with a strong British accent, I can feel Elise’s grip tighten, she knows him!

“Well isn’t this sweet? I didn’t even know Contractors could cry” The voice says as the sound of footsteps becomes louder.

“November!” Elise says as she looks upwards to see the man. I pry her arms off of me and turn to look at the man, he’s wearing a purple shirt beneath a white jacket and pink tie, he looks towards me as he moves his blonde hair out of the way of his eyes.

“Pretty reckless of you to leave July alive” he says as he looks behind himself to allow myself to see the boy from before.

“Ruined your perfect kill ratio just to threaten me” He tells me as he looks down to the ground

“You did a number on this place didn’t you?” he asks me as he notices a broken water pipe sticking out of the ground spraying water around us

“Run Please!” Elise yells as she grasps my arms pulling away from November.

“Running won’t do any good” he says as he places his right foot into a puddle. His body begins to glow as the water surrounding us rises and freezes making a circular barricade around the three of us leaving the young doll July safe.

He dashes towards us with his arm stretched out; I push Elise out of the way as I throw a punch at him. Our hands connect causing a shockwave that causes cracks to emerge throughout the ice barricade, we both glow as a smirk appears on Novembers face.

“You do live up to your reputation don’t you? Your causing heat by vibrating your own particles just enough to counteract me freezing you” he says as the light emanating from him intensifies as he pushes himself forward.

“So? Does it matter, I’m still going to kill you.” I reply as I touch the ice barricade next to me with my free hand. I feel the barricade shake as a crack moves behind November as I whisper to myself

“Burst” As I do the crack suddenly stops then rapidly explodes, as it does November stamps his other foot in the puddle knocking water up behind himself then freezing it creating a shield to protect himself.

We leap backwards in unison away from each other.

“Well you’re not going to kill me with poor tactics like that” He says as him places his hands in his breast pocket and he takes out a packet of cigarettes, he then takes a lighter from his trouser pocket and lights up a cigarette from the packet.

“That’s a dirty habit you have there” I say to him as I walk towards him

“Yes… It’s my payment” He replies as he takes a deep breath of his cigarette, he then drops it on the floor and walks over it when suddenly Novembers hands drop to the floor and I feel myself been lifted up.

“What the?” I say to myself as I see Elise sprinting towards me. She leaps into the air hooking my shirt with the handle of her umbrella lifting us into the air. November watches helpless pinned to the floor as me and Elise float onto a nearby building…