Chapter 5: School

My grandmother was awake when I got home. She had just made fresh cookies. 🍪 After having a good breakfast I went into my room to listen to music. As I laid in my bed listening to music, I reached in my pocket and found a crumpled up note. It was from the boy at the party. His name was Ashton Stripe, and below that was his number. I really didn't want to call the boy, mostly because I had no idea what I did to him, or with him. I put it in the back of my mind, at least for now. Everything feels like it was going too fast. I guess it really was. The next day rolled around. I was in English class when the fire alarm went off. Everyone loved to get out of class, including me. Everyone's eyes widened when fire trucks came rushing down the street. Not even a minute later, smoke started coming out from the classroom windows. There was a small boom from the side of the school. It was the science lab. Emergency vehicles came from everywhere now. They escorted us across the street to the local burger joint. Wasn't anything spectacular, but it'll do. Some kids looked out the window at the fire as it engulfed the school. The rest of us bought lunch. For a couple months school was out, just like summer.