Chapter 4

I walk towards Storm and lean on the side of the truck, I must have spaced out because storm had to shake me to get my attention. I shake my head feeling the weight of the helmet on my head, I turn my head towards my officer and wait for him to speak to me.
"Are you ok Wolfe?" Officer Storm asks looking concerned. I look to him, smile and nod. He nods and attends to the clean up crew, I wonder to the back of the truck sitting on the edge looking at the mess that had been caused. I sit and think about what I saw in there, it must have been the smoke playing with my mind, then I suddenly remembered that we only brought out 4 out of the 6 victims. I jump up off the back of the truck taking my helmet off and placing it in the cab while walking past, I head towards Storm when I spot Tox with his back to me and stop to talk to him. I slowly walk to him and tap him on the shoulder, he flicks his head around smiling when he realises that it's me.
"Hey Wolfe" he says with a smile in his voice,
"Hey Tox, quick question, how many survivors did we manage to get?" I ask furrowing my brows,
"Oh yea we got all of them, all 6. Hey are you alright?" He asks with concern, I look to him and give him a fake smile nodding and thanking him before continuing to walk to Storm.
I make it to Storm where he is writing up the report, I clear my throat and start to speak,
" Sir? Do you need a hand?" I offer just as he turns to me, he looks at me with sympathy in his eyes.
"Oh Wolfe, I think I can handle this you go home and rest up," I look at him confused, he sees it and goes to explain,
"Oh Wolfe don't look at me like that, you look like I've taken your sweets, you look tired just go home and rest up," I try to argue against him but he won't have it. I sigh in defeat and get my kit together before walking back to the truck, I walk slowly watching as the others are tidying up all of the equipment, Blue looks at me and smiles, they must still have adrenaline rushing through them. I weakly smile back and meander back to the truck, I take my coat off placing it on the seat. I dig into the cabins phone box looking through them for my own, I pull it out and stand turning it in my hand thinking, I don't want to go home I need a drink so I unlock my phone and text my brother Oscar inviting him out when I get back. I only have to wait a few minutes and he had already replied, he needed a drink to so he is up for it.
I notice the crew walking back towards me so I put my phone back in my pocket before turning around to grab the box of phones. I start handing them out to the crew, they smile and say their thank yous before jumping into the cabin while chatting away. I smile lightly at the sight and jump into my seat. 

We arrive back at the station, Storm parks up behind the big red doors, turning off the engine he turns to us and dismiss' us all. I pick up my helmet and jump out of the cabin landing with a thud on the floor, I start to undo my jacket when I realise that I needed to clean the truck. Before I can give my command the crew have already started to clean the trucks. I sit on the stairs leading to the roof and watch as the truck starts to gleam in the light, it's still nippy out but it's bearable when your in such thick clothing. As the crew is finishing off cleaning the trucks I dig into my pockets for my phone, I'm distracted scrolling through Facebook when I'm tapped on the shoulder, I turn to look up at who it is, it's Livingstone he's stood towering me with a smile on his face. I stand up, still feeling small against Livingstone, and start walking towards the door,

"Did you want something Livingstone?" I say turning my head towards him. He smiles and nods his head,

"Can I speak to you in private?" I give a short sharp nod and follow him through the halls to a quiet spot, I recognise it as I've been here a few times in my years, its very quiet with old worn carpets that are very thin, the walls painted cream with poster boards spotted across the walls. I walk past Livingstone and to the end where I lean against the wall looking out of the glass door. He follows me and stands in front of me, I look up and wait for him to start speaking. He exhales deeply, 

"Alex, I wanted to ask," He pauses as I look at him waiting to see where this was going, "would you like to have a drink with me, tonight?" I look at him pushing myself off the wall, standing straight and looking at him. We stand in silence for a few moments while I consider his offer.

"I'd love to," I say smiling up at him, he grins showing his slightly crooked teeth. I chuckle and start walking back to my locker, Livingstone is following me and I can hear the skip in his step. As I approach my locker I turn to Livingstone and tell him I'm going to get ready and will meet him at my car. I open my locker and pull out my clothes, I only have a pair of jeans and a plain shirt with a big black hoodie, grimacing at them I huff and take them to the changing rooms to get changed. I walk out with my hair in a top knot and my comfy clothes on, I look myself over and decide its the best I can do at such short notice, and head towards the office to check out before leaving. I walk into the office and check out but as I look at the board I notice that I'm on call that evening, I shouldn't be but I am, I roll my eyes and take a pager and walk out of the office. 

I walk towards Tod and hand him the keys before saying goodnight, we part ways and I walk to my car feeling the bitterness of the evening. As I approach the car I see Livingstone leaning against his van playing with the bottom of his shirt, he's got jeans and a checkered shirt on with a leather jacket hanging over his shoulder.