𝐶hapter 02.

𝑙 𝑦 𝑘 𝑜 𝑠

𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑜𝑛𝑒

𝐶hapter 02.

The wind continues to hit against my face repeatedly making it extremely difficult to open my eyes as I continued to tighten my grip on the stranger not wanting to be let go. Fast footsteps continued to echo behind the pair of us and somehow the figure found the situation hilarious as he let out a laugh that bounced through the forest.

"I'm not going to drop you, Lilly Green" The individual laughed.

I froze.

How does this individual know my name? Nevertheless, my full name. However, I don't think this was the situation to ask. It was either continued to be saved by this stranger or him letting go of me and ending up being shot by one of the soldiers that continued to follow me. And that would only go against the wishes of Johnathan that he wrote in his note. Before I knew it, the sudden harsh winds stopped, and I felt my feet rest against an actual another branch. I couldn't help my legs continue to shake with fear as I grip refused to let go of the stranger causing another laugh to emit from the stranger.

"You can let go now Lilly Green, we are safe" The stranger laughed, and I slowly loosed my death grip and opening my eyes to see a chest in front of me.

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered, moving backward from the stranger.

I felt myself lose balance suddenly causing a hand to grip my arm tightly, the stranger looking at me with a warm smile. My eyes immediately fell upon the two animals like ears appearing out of his white hair. My eyes then focused on his ocean blue eyes before I slowly allowed my eyes to scan him without looking too creepy. His pale skin was matching his features well, he wore a simple white shirt with black pants however he wore no shoes. His bare feet resting on the branch just like me.

"You really haven't changed at all" The figure smiled.

He pulled me back to my feet and I moved to turn around when I noticed where we were. I let out a scream as I notice the height from the tall tree we were in compared to the forest floor. The only thing that was separating us from the hard floor below was a single branch. The boy watched with an amused expression as I race to the tree trunk, holding onto it tightly.

"Why are you acting so funny for Lilly?" The boy laughed.

"I'm sorry, have you now seen the big drop below," I said in a sarcastic tone, indicating towards the large drop.

The boy followed my gaze with an amused expression and he was about to say something when his expression suddenly changed into one of annoyment and anger.

"What?" I asked, however, he placed his lips on his lips in the direction of me and I soon silenced.

The sound of footsteps echoed closer to us from below and my mind quickly put two and two together.

"There he is!" A voice shouted.

The shouts echoed, and the boy looked back at me and reached his hand out to me. I glanced at it and all of me wanted to just take it and escape the hell that the pair of us were currently in however my legs remained glued to the branch.

"Come on Lilly we have to go," He said with a warm smile.

"I'm not going to lie to you right now, I think if I stand up I will actually fall," I comment, shooting him a fearful expression.

"Then I'll catch you" The boy responded, his smile growing.

"Could you not with those cringy comments" I laughed causing him to laugh as well.

"Look, they are climbing the tree so if you would like to live then take my hand. I'm not going to drop you a promise. However, if you don't want to then I can leave you here where it is high with no escape" He commented, holding his hand out closer to me.

I take a deep breath and slowly let go of my grip and begin to walk across the branch in the direction of the empty hand waiting for me. I felt my hand reaching towards his when someone jumped on the branch causing it to wobble. I felt myself stumble before losing my balance and tumbling off the branch with a scared shout. I felt a hand grip hold of mine tightly and I look upwards to see the boy standing there with a bright smile on his lips.

"Please don't let go! Please don't let go! Please don't let go! I begged.

The soldier who remained on the branch with us smirked as he looked at our current situation.

"I guess you two are trapped now" The soldier laughed as he edged closer to the pair of us. The boy looked down with a soft smile.

"Close your eyes" The boy said smiling.

The fear rushed over me immediately already knowing what the individual was going to do.

"Don't you fu-" I was cut off by his tight grip letting me go.

My screams filled the forest as I fell through the air, my legs and arms moving frantically trying to grab onto anything to try and stop me from dying. Hands suddenly grabbed my body and I am pulled into a chest and my hands shakily grab whoever it was.

"Hush, Hush Lilly" The familiar voice said in a coming tone in hopes to try and calm down the panic inside me, however, I still refused to let go. I simply tightened my hold as I shook lightly.

"It's alright Lilly, I've got you. You are safe" The boy said, now picking me up and pulling me closer to his chest. For once I allow myself to break lightly as I allow my tears to fall lightly and instead of being judgemental the boy just simply held me closer.

The boy finally reached the small cave and placed the now sleeping human in the far dry corner where a bundle of soft blankets was waiting for her. The boy smiled and wrapped her up in a couple of blankets, his smile increasing as he placed the familiar old red blanket around her as he ensured her head was resting comfortingly on the pillow. He then placed her backpack against the wall and stood up to go and keep watch of the cave entrance. However, his actions were soon paused when a hand gripped the bottom of his white shirt tightly. The boy let out a low laugh, sitting down beside the human allowing her to keep hold of his shirt. The boy refused to move, allowing the human to know that he wasn't going to leave her anytime soon.

"Sleep well, Lilly Green"

To be continued.

Ending Segment.

Song For The Chapter: All We Know – The Chainsmokers, Phoebe Ryan.

babeyy: Hello there! I hope you enjoyed the chapter above, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Make sure you Vote & Share this story as well! It would mean a lot to me. You can also follow me if you want so that you'll be updated when I post a new chapter or book.

Edited: 11/09/18

Links:

Instagram: babeyyofficial.

Spotify: вαвєуу (Check out 𝑙 𝑦 𝑘 𝑜 𝑠 playlist now!)