Operations

Time skip: One month later
-------------------------------------------------------
Carina was sitting in her hospital room, playing cards with Doctor Bass (as she learned his name was) when they heard a knock on the door.

"Oh, that must be Sirius, your brother. He said he was dropping in today," Doctor Bass said, jumping up to let him in.

"Hey sis. How're you doing?" Sirius asked kindly.

"Fine. How bout you?" she asked. It was still awkward for her to talk to a brother she didn't remember.

"Eh. So doc, any progress?" he asked.

"I've been trying to rebuild her mental abilities before we try any magical operations. She's a little confused, which is understandable. We should be able to operate in about a month. From there, she'll need a few more every month for five months. That should open up her mind to retaining information. Then you and your friends and family will have to step in and talk to her for at least an hour every day," Doctor Bass explained.

"But what about Hogwarts? We have to go back in September and we won't be back in time to start the process," Sirius asked.

"Well, maybe we could send her with you after her operations. She could stay in an empty classroom and I'll come and check on her. She could work on strengthening her mind and relearning simple magic until her memories return," Doctor Bass suggested.

"Great. Now what game are you guys playing?"

Time skip: another month later
-------------------------------------------------------
"It'll be okay, Carina. You just have to sit in the chair and let them put you to sleep. You won't feel a thing, I promise," Doctor Bass reassured Carina as she was going into the operation room.

"Will it help me get my memories back?" Carina asked, skeptical of the whole thing.

"Yes. Now just calm down and get into the chair," Doctor Bass led her to the chair. "Doctor Martinez will be in in a minute."

When Doctor Martinez arrived, she cast a spell that put Carina into a deep sleep. When she woke up, she was back in the hospital room, her head bandaged.

"Finally awake, I see," smiled a strange doctor she'd never seen before.

"Who are you?" Carina asked bluntly.

"Doctor Morris. I'll be your doctor from now on," the doctor smiled.

"Oh. Okay," Carina replied. She liked Doctor Bass, but then again, he was the only other doctor she'd ever met.

"You've just had your first surgery, so you may suffer severe headaches for a while. They will go away after a week though," the doctor explained.

"Got it. How many more surgeries do I have?" Carina asked.

"Four or five. It really depends on how strong your mind is."

"So if I strengthen my mind, I'll have less surgeries and I'll have my memories back sooner?"

"Yes. Now, you should rest."

"That's all I ever do," Carina thought to herself as the doctor left the room.

Author note:

She got her first surgery :O Next chapter will probs be more time skips. I think it would get really boring and long if I went without them, so...

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I meant to but I forgot :/ Have a good day friends!