30~Wanted

Selena's POV:

At the stairwell rail on the bridge wing, Fourth Officer Boxhall and Quartermaster Rowe light the first distress rocket; It shoots into the sky and explodes with a thunderclap over the ship, sending out white starbursts which light up the entire deck as they fall. I could hear the officers screaming "Lower away! Lower away! Lower away!"

Another rocket bursts overhead, lighting the crowd, startled faces turn upward. Fear now in the eyes.

I watched farewells take place right in front of me as they step closer to the boat. Husbands saying goodbyes to wives and children. Lover's and friends parted.

Nearby Molly is getting a reluctant woman to board the boat.
My mother came up to me, "Will the lifeboats be seated according to class? I hope they're not too crowded—

"Oh, Mother shut up!" I spat. My mother freezes her mouth opens. "Don't you understand?

The water is freezing and there aren't enough boats...not enough by half. Half the people on the ship are going to die." I yelled.

"Not the better half" Harry interrupted. "Justin is third class. He doesn't stand a chance. Another rocket bursts overhead behind me giving me a better view of Harry  bathing his face in white light. "You unimaginable bastard!" Molly's voice appeared again, she reached out "Come on, Ruth; get in the boat  these are the first class seats right up here thats it."Molly practically hands her over, the looks around for some other women who might need a push. "Come on, Selena. You're next, darling" I step back, shaking my head. "Selena, get in the boat!" my mother says aggressively. I faltered for a moment, I knew this day would come, I promised Justin that I would get off with him, and I will. "Goodbye, mother" I said weakly.

I walked away quickly until I felt a small grip on my arm but I pull away free and walk faster through the crowed. Harry catches up to me and grabs my arm again, roughly. I turn around, I'm now facing him. "Where are you going? To him? Is that it? To be a whore to that gutter rat?!" I looked at him in disgust, "I'd rather be his whore than your wife!" He clenched his jaw and squeezed my arm viciously, pulling me back towards the lifeboat. I pulled out a hair pin and jabbed him with it, he lets go with a curse and I ran into the crowd again.

The Lightoller shouts, "Lower away!!" "Selena! Selena!" My mother shrieked. And that was the last time I ever saw my mother.  As I ran through the cluster of people. I look back and a furious Harry who was still running after me. I ran breathlessly up to two proper looking men. "That man tried to take advantage of me in the crowd!"

Appalled, they turn to see Harry running towards me. I turn on as the two men grab Harry, restraining him. I run through the First class entrance.

Harry soon breaks free and runs after me. He reaches the entrance, but runs into a knot of people coming out. He pushes rudely through them..... Harry runs in, and down to the landing, pushing past the gentlemen and ladies who are filling up the stairs. He scans the A-deck foyer.

Reader's Notice:

Hope you enjoyed this story!!! I'm definatley enjoying writing this book, it's a pleasure!! Obviously this story will include upsetting scene(s) Since we are half way through the book :'(

Comment,Vote,Add!!! Follow me

Love you all!!!

Madame_Bieber xxx