Chapter 11 - Court (Part 1)

Today is the day of court.  I have two officers right beside me almost touching me and it is freaking me the hell out.  I don't trust too many people.  The people I trust touching me I am most of the time fine with but with people I trust not around me, I feel freaked out.  Dad and Father come up to me and I jump into Father's arms trembling.  The officers look extremely confused.  "It is alright PaperJam... The officers won't hurt you."  Dad says rubbing my back.  "I'm scared... They're too close... They're too close."  I sob.  "It-It... Is g-g-going-ing to-t-to be... Al~right."  Father says before wiping away the tears that were threatening to burst.  "Come on kid..." I hear an officer say.  He is reaching a hand towards me and I flinch, jerking away.  "Dude did you forget what the judge said... Jeez... Okay... We are going to take you into the courtroom, come on kid."  An officer says.  "We'll be over to the side." Dad says holding Father's hand.  "We-We will-ill be there for-or-for you-you."  Father says.  I nod slowly as an officer places a hand on my shoulder roughly and pulls me away.  "Hurry up."  They growl.  I look back at my parents terrified.  Father looks pissed off and Dad is holding him back.  My attention gets jerked back as we turn a corner.  "Dude you're terrifying the kid!" The other officer says trying to catch up.  I am trembling so hard I am starting to not be able to walk properly.  I soon get pushed forwards and I fall.   I turn onto my back trying to cover myself up while starting to sob.  "What the hell is wrong with you!!!"  I hear. The other officer comes over to me and helps me up.  I am the same size as them. "Blueberry here... I will be taking the kid in by myself, due to my partner's abuse on the subject."  The officer says into a radio.  The other officer looks pissed off.  I am trembling in fear still and I close my eyes tightly.  Then the nicer officer brings me to a set of doors.  "We've arrived at the doors."  The officer says into the radio.  I then hear  "This court case is a rape case, anyone sensitive to this subject please leave now." Through the doors.  I hear talking and then it goes silent.  "Prepare the victim... To enter after the perpetrator."  I hear over the radio.  "Kid... You are going to be fine... I read that you are scared of being touched because of what this man did to you... But I'll be beside you if you get scared alright?"  They say.  I nod.  They place their hands on my shoulders.  There is booing and then a woman's cheering.   I get really worried and the officer gets confused.  "Alright, the doors are about to open."  I hear over the radio.  "Now the Victim of this case."  I hear.  The doors open and I am scared. The officer leads me down to a spot.  I see a lawyer for my ex-boss glaring at me.  I am trembling so scared of the attention.  "Woah kid calm down."  The officer says grabbing my shoulder.  There is pure silence in the courtroom.  I take a deep breath trying to calm down.  I then see the man who was with Caramel, the brown bear and helped me feel better.  I relax a bit.  The officer helps me down.  Then the man rubs my shoulder.  "You are going to be alright... You'll never have to worry about seeing that man again."  He says.  I nod slowly.  He kneels in front of me and I flinch.  "PaperJam, it is alright, you are going to be alright."  He says.

Time skip...

"I want the victim to tell the story, just like what is in the papers... If PaperJam the victim cannot tell the story within a given amount of time, it will mean it was made up."  My ex-boss's lawyer says.  "Hey, that is not fair!"  My ex-boss and my lawyer shouts.  "I'm here to make you not go to jail." His lawyer says.  My lawyer is looking at me with wide eyes.  I can hear people shouting. "YOUR HONOUR!!! HE HAS ONLY SHARED THE STORY TWICE!!! AND THAT HAS TAKEN HIM HOURS!!!" My Lawyer shouts over the shouting. The judge silences everyone. "Your honour if I may speak!"  My lawyer says. "Granted."  The judge says. "What my opponent is asking is crude... To force a child to repeat what they suffered through especially of this type...  It took him three hours to even explain a fourth of what happened.  My client has suffered enough don't you think?"  My lawyer says.  There is a lot of talking and shouting going on.  "MAKE THE KID TALK!!!"  I hear someone shout.  "SILENCE!!!"  The judge shouts.  It goes silent and I am trembling.  "I agree with the victim's lawyer... Do you not think that is a little much for a child to do?  Is there any other way to prove your side?"  The judge asks.  "No."  The other lawyer says.  I tap on my lawyer's arm.  He looks at me, to see me shaking.  "I'll do it as long as they show evidence of the drugs and D.N.A test."  I whisper.  My lawyer looks worried.  "Please, make the agreement... I think... That... If I can tell the story with the proof that it happened... I can feel better about myself even if I lose my case."  I say holding his sleeve too scared to touch him. "If that is what you want." He says as I let go of him. I nod. He then smiles and turns back to face the jury and judge. "My client has agreed to this but only on one term." My lawyer says.  "And the term is?"  The judge says.  "The D.N.A test results and evidence is to be shown or revealed."  My lawyer says.  "WHAT EVIDENCE!!!"  The other lawyer shouts in a laughing matter.  The judge silences her and then says "We will bring forth... What you asked for PaperJam."  The judge says.  I nod feeling certain of myself. I am still shaking slightly as I look at where I am going to be sitting.  'I can do this... I can do this.'  I think.  "The D.N.A test is faulty due to the contamination of the drugs used.  But the drug in the victim's system and what was found in the office is positive. Pictures are to be displayed to the left.  It shows a picture of claw marks. I can't look being reminded of what happened.  "PaperJam... Breathe... I need you to breathe."  My lawyer says grabbing my hands.   I take a deep breath trying to calm down.  My hands stop shaking and he squeezes them slightly.  They finish going through the evidence.  "PaperJam... Make your way to the stand."  The other lawyer says.  My lawyer helps me up.   "You can do this... Don't dwell too long... Just state what happened like us having that conversation before."  My lawyer says.  I nod.  "Out of my road nature lover."  The other lawyer says.  "Better watch how you speak to my lawyer... Or I'll give you a bad time."  I threaten.  "THAT'S MY-MY KID!!!"  I hear Father shout clearly.   The woman looks worried.  She goes to touch me and I move away.  "Do not touch the victim."  The judge states.  "Please tell the jury and the rest of the court what happened in full details."  The woman says smirking cruelly.