Hiccstrid&Heatlegs// No ordinary dance

Berk's annual dance was coming up. The only time in a year that Viking's, well, most, bathe. The only time all Vikings actually put effort into what they look like.
"Hey, thanks for splitting your winnings," Heather thanked Astrid.
Astrid had bet Snotlout that Heather would win against Fishlegs in Maces and Talons. And she had won 100 ruins.
"Hey, it was the least I could do," Astrid assured. "I mean, you did the grunt work, I just knew you were gonna win."
"Well, I appreciate it," Heather brushed her hair out.
"Wait!" Astrid grabbed her hair before Heather could braid it. "You always have your hair braided, this is a special occasion."
Astrid pulled a moonstone clip from her bag and clipped back a strand from each side. Heather looked at herself. Heather giggled as Astrid kept fussing over it.
"Astrid, thanks, but it's fine." Heather pulled her hair away.
"Whatever," Astrid muttered.
Astrid walked towards the door. Heather laughed. "Wait! Sit down Miss Hofferson, I am your stylist."
Hiccup and Fishlegs stood with Toothless and Meatlug in the entrance, waiting for Astrid. Hiccup turned his gaze to the door. Astrid and Heather walked in.
Astrid wore a standard blue dress with a sapphire and onyx belt. She had a blue feather attached to her headband. She had her hair down. It seemed to race down her back, the finish line being just above her waist.
Heather wore a deep maroon dress, with a gold and black belt. She wore her hair half up half down. Her hair curled at the ends, stopping just below her waist.
Hiccup and Fishlegs could only think of one word for them. Beautiful. Astrid and Heather rushed towards them.
     "Hiccup, you look nice," Astrid complimented.
     "Not as beautiful as you M'lady," Hiccup responded.
     "Heather, you look amazing," Fishlegs gasped.
     Heather batted her eyes a bit. "You really think so?"
     "I know so," Fishlegs assured.
     Heather seemed to beam at the compliment. Suddenly Gobber and his "band" started up a jig. Hiccup offered his hand. Astrid accepted and he swung her around the dance floor. Heather and Fishlegs watched in awe.
     "Do you dance?" Fishlegs asked.
     "Oh, I'm, I'm not very good." Heather brushed aside an invisible strand of hair.
     "I don't mind," Fishlegs murmured.
     Heather nodded as Fishlegs took her out on the dance floor. Heather followed Fishlegs' instructions and was soon dancing across the floor with Fishlegs.
     Hiccup swung Astrid onto his hip. Astrid giggled as he swung her back. Astrid as Hiccup blended back into the crowd. Astrid nudged Hiccup.
     There, on the dance floor, were Heather and Fishlegs. Fishlegs was on bent knee. Heather squealed and nodded vigorously. Fishlegs took a swift glance at Hiccup, winking. Hiccup nodded back.
     Hiccup pulled Astrid on the floor. "Um, can I have everyone's attention?"
     Gobber's band played slow music in the background. Valka smiled with teary eyes.
     Hiccup started speaking. "I'm, not the best with speeches, but here it goes. Astrid, I've love you since I knew you. You're strong, brilliant and my other half. I mean, we liked each other for three years before I kissed you. I know things aren't always the smoothest, but what I'm trying to say is.     .     . you're my other half. Will you be my wife?"
     Astrid gaped. Heather nudged her, "I think you should say something."
     Astrid shook her head and grinned. "Of course!"
     Hiccup swung Astrid into a hug. Astrid pulled Hiccup close. Hiccup pressed his lips against hers. They stood there for a minute before pulling away.
     "I love you Astrid."
     "I love you Hiccup."