Chapter One // Jack's Prolouge

Jack's P.O.V

"TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA LADDIES!" I screamed into the camera like I do at the start of every video. I could tell I wasn't as enthusiastic as I usually was, though. 

"Sorry if I'm not as energetic as I normally am.. It's just things have been really tough..." I could feel my heart racing just at the thought of what has been going on...

"I am broke. YouTube hasn't paid me a penny for the last few weeks or so... I've contacted them and they've said that there is something in the system or something. But whatever it is, it's preventing me from getting money..." I could feel the tears about to spill. I had to calm myself down. I took a few deep breaths before continuing.

"They say that someone is hacking it so only I don't get paid. Which is messed up, I know. But there is nothing we can do about it until the hacker gets caught," I explained more calmly.

"This means I have to get a second job. I will still make videos twice a day- don't worry. Jack's not gone! It's just going to be harder. So if I don't upload on time, I'm not dead. Just a bit busy,"

"But I'm going to leave it here so I can go get prepared for whatever life throws at me," I took a few more deep breaths before I screamed out my outro. 

I stopped the recording and leaned back in my chair placing my hands on my forehead. I didn't know what I did to deserve this but I did know sitting here wasn't going to help anything. I got up from my computer chair and went into the sitting room. I collapsed onto my couch and grabbed the newspaper that was sat on my table. I began flicking through the newspaper until I found an ad that read:

HELP WANTED~ Athlone High is in need of a few supply teachers who can take a few classes such as Music, English and Science. Pay is determined on how many classes you take. Pay can be received at the end of the week. Any one with experience or has had training will be taken in for an interview. Please Contact: Kiley Smith (Headmistress) at KileySmith.athlonehigh.com.

I couldn't say I wasn't interested. I actually had training a while back when my plan was to teach music. But I put that dream aside since being a teacher wasn't as cool as recording myself playing videogames. But I guess now that I need the money, I guess I should take the job. 

I typed up the headmistress' website on my phone where I found an application form. I filled out details including my name, age, why I want the job, phone number, experience and email. The whole form took around 10 minutes to complete and I just needed to wait for her to email me back. I had nothing to do but to binge watch anime and maybe even stuff down a few chocolate chip cookies. 

~1 Hour Of Attack On Titan Later~

 I could hear my phone going off over the sound of people being eaten by titans. I pushed the crumbs of my shirt, sat up and grabbed my phone. Kiley had emailed me back! Finally. She asked for a date and time that would be suitable for me and asked if I contacted her on her phone number which she provided. I texted her that any time today would be good. Now- time to just waste even more time waiting for her to respond.

~10 Minutes Later~

She responded quicker than I thought. I couldn't be more happier. I was given an interview at 12:00pm. That gave me enough time to get ready and find a suit. I rummaged through my wardrobe to find the same suit I wore at the SXSW Gaming Awards. I threw off my shirt that was still covered by a few cookie crumbs and pulled off my ripped jeans. I tried to put on my suit really quickly but I still wanted to look presentable. I made sure my shirt was tucked in and I even put on my glasses. I put on the fanciest shoes I had which really weren't that fancy at all. They were literally just black trainers. Oh well. 

I got the bus to the school and arrived at the gates by 11:45am. I entered the office, my heart felt like it was running a marathon. The receptionist was a woman around her thirties. She wore glasses and had short blond hair. She wore a white shirt with a black blazer and black skirt. I couldn't quite see what shoes she was wearing. She looked at me through her glasses and it was scarier than any horror game. 

"I'm Sean McLoughlin. I have an interview with Miss Smith at 12pm?" I explained. She seemed to be looking at my bright green hair. She just rolled her eyes and gestured towards the chairs. "Take a seat," she muttered. I glanced over at the chairs and I saw a young girl sat down staring at her phone. I had to admit she was quite pretty for her age. Wait- I'm not being creepy or anything. I'm just complimenting her. I sat on a chair. Not the one next to her but the one after that. She had long brown hair tied up in a pony tail. She didn't seem to be wearing any uniform. Maybe this was a non-school uniform school?

A woman was about to enter when the receptionist got up and pushed her back. "How desperate are you for teachers?" She was saying. I knew she was on about me. I moved my focus back to the girl and she was staring right at me.

"Are you a teacher?" She asked me. Her voice was- I mean.

"Not yet. Hopefully!" I replied a massive grin on my face.

"I've never met someone with green hair before..." She began to laugh. Good- She doesn't know about my channel, "Well, except for one guy..." 

Shoot...

A/N This was Jack's Prolouge. Meaning this is Jack's beginning. I will write Jayde's beginning soon. Hope you liked this I kind of rushed it since my brother has to do something on the computer soon. I hate sharing and idk why but yeah... I'm going to get wattpad on my phone soon so I can type freely. It's just it's my birthday (technically) and I have a new phone. But yeah thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed! Took a while but like I said I kind of rushed it.

~Bexstah x