~Chapter 16~

Harvey's POV

I trudged up the  stairs and slammed the door to my room. 

The sky was dark and I still hadn't shut my eyes for half a second. I was constantly worrying about what Poppy was gonna say. 

That was when I couldn't take the deadly silence of the night anymore.

I silently walked downstairs and out of the door to meet Poppy again. What did she want that was so urgent? 

Icy cold wind blew in my face as I crept out of the door. I moved closer to the tree to see Poppy sat in the same place as last night. Her face was as pale as a ghost as she stared into nothing.

"Hey." I greeted her once I managed to climb up the long, twisty branches. She looked up at me and gestured for me to sit by her. As I sat down, she opened her mouth to speak.

"So, I'm not sure how to start with this but I'm just gonna go for it. Apparently my twin was seen in Taunton on CCTV the other day." She started. My whole body just froze. A whole range of emotions came flooding to my head. She found her twin? What was she gonna do? What was I gonna do? I didn't know what to say.

"This may sound crazy, but can you come with me to Somerset to find her?" Somerset, a good two hundred miles away, how could I tell Mum? Even worse, Max. 

She looked up at me again. I couldn't say no to a face like that...                                                                                                        

"What are best friends for?" I replied. After that, the biggest smile I have ever seen spread across her face.

"When do we leave?" She asked. "I'll look it up tomorrow. Max has a guitar lesson then so he won't find out." I replied. This was followed by a long, but comfortable silence. A silence of sitting in a tree, staring out at the stars in the sky. 

Poppy's POV

I cannot even begin to think of how lucky I am to be friends with Harvey. He is such an amazing person. I could go on and on about how awesome and kind he is, and everyone who knows him would agree.

But to think I am finally going to find my twin, my other half again. It makes me feel happy- no, overjoyed. I'm shaking from excitement. 

"You're the best person in the world, you know that?" I said to Harvey. I snuggled up to his shoulder- because why not?

"Poppy, you are the best person in the world, not me." He whispered back just before we started to nod off.  

----------------------------------------

Hey guys! 

Finally managed to update! Yay!

Its been a really tough week for me, like really tough. I'm not gonna say what happened- I'm not trying to get sympathy, but I just wanted you to know that 2K17 has been a fairly crap year so far for me!

Hope its been a good year for you guys so far!

~Amanda~