What the hell is going on?

Michelle Rodriguez as Kiara

________________________

Chapter 11

*Derrick's POV*

I woke up when my alarm turned on. I sighed turning it off. Getting out of my bed I thought about my wolf. My wolf has been silent. He's been awake all night. I felt it. Only he was feeling a lot better. I sighed at that.

'I'm glad you're feeling better.' I murmured.

'Heh, who said I would give up on us? We can still have fun. Call in and spend some time with the kids Ricky.' He said enlightened.

'You know that would be a great idea, but Jaycie has to catch up. She can't afford to get distracted.' I thought to him as I was actually contemplating my decision.

'Come on, loosen up. You haven't had a day off of work! Plus our Third-in-Command will understand.' He said to me.

That's when my phone rang and I immediately picked up.

"Everheart here, who am I speaking to?" I asked.

"Hey Derrick. It's me. Blake." Blake answered.

"Hey. I thought you were..."

"You thought I was Bryan? No, I'm not. Any way. I told him to let you breathe. You've been tense and I really think you should take a break man. You've been at work non-stop." He said.

"Not you to." I grumbled. "I'm fine, Blake. I've got to go to work though. I..."

"No Derrick. Promise me that you won't step one foot at the station. Right now, Derrick."

I groaned.

"But Blake..."

"I mean it Derrick! Promise me now! Your kids need a day to kick back. Plus Paul's going to be with Chasten, Lakyn, and Greg as they discuss peace treaty stuff. Spend the day with Jaycie. You two have been distant now. Do it for Jaycie. Also I sent the pack member you wanted to watch Alex. I don't know why you want her to do this though. You know she hates rouges. Well while Alex is suppose to be part of the pack I have to say he is still a rouge." He says and I cut him off.

"Fine I promise to not step foot in the station. Also you know why I want her to do it. She liked a rouge once, she can do it again. Please just send her to do it." I said.

"Alright. I'll do it now." He murmured.

I knew he didn't. I hear him call for her over the phone. He got her to come in and gave her the orders. I knew she hated it as I could tell that her teeth were clenched. I sighed. She still hates them with a deep passion. I roll my eyes though.

"The deeds done. Now I'll mark Jay absent at school and call it excused alright." He stated more than questioned.

"Alright."

He hung up and I looked at the time and saw it was 7:00. I'd usually wake her up at this time so I decided to tell her that she can sleep in a bit. I walked to her room and knocked. When I got no answer I walked right in. I saw that she was sleeping peacefully. I walked over and sat on her bed. She didn't even move.

'My poor baby girl.' I thought as I moved the hair away from her face.

She didn't smile in her sleep or cuddle with anything. Not like she did before anything happened. I looked her over to see if she had bags under her eyes from lack of sleep and she didn't. I was glad for that.

I kissed her forehead and she moved slightly then. She opened her eyes barely. She smacked her lips and licked her lips as they were dry. She looked up lazily.